THE BLUE ROOM
THIS IS NOT
Welcome To Yet Another Everton Website!!!
The purpose of this site is to provide a comprehensive record of the results
of all competitive games played by Everton since their formation, together
with details of player appearances and goals.
There are lots of links on the left that break down the information into
different categories (as explained down below) so go ahead and click on
one and see what you get!
The title bar above currently features Andrei Kanchelskis and Ray
two former Everton
legends - one
a flying goalscoring winger, one a World Cup winning full-back.
Click on their photos to see brief details of their Everton careers and
appearances & goals.
The title bar images will change every so often so that you'll get to
see a whole host of Everton greats throughout the months and years ahead.
Images (and career summaries) of previous weeks' legends can be
seen by clicking the 'Previous Legends' link on the left, where you'll
also find a link to take you to details of the less-than-legendary donkeys
like Mike Walker who have 'starred' in the 'Apart From ...' feature!
CAN WE OUTFOX THE VARDYLESS LEICESTER?
Births On January 27th
- 1872 - Jack Taylor, who
played 456 games and scored 80 goals for us and was an
inspirational 1890/1900’s captain
- 1889 - Sam Chedgzoy, a
brilliant right-winger who played 300 times for us before and
- 1965 - Mike Newell, centre-forward signed from
Leicester in the summer of 1989
- and who managed 21 goals for
us in the early 1990’s
Previous Games on
- we’ve played Leicester once
a January 27th fixture
- that was back in 1973 at Goodison
in the League
and we lost 1-0 to a 10th minute Tommy
Wright own goal
- our last Jan 27 outing was
a 3-1 defeat
at Man City in 2016 in a League Cup Semi-Final 2nd Leg tie
Ross Barkley put us 1-0 up after 18 minutes
- but goals from
Fernandinho (24), Kevin De Bruyne (70) and Sergio Aguero (76) saw
us go out 4-3 on aggregate
- Leon Osman was taken off after
an hour in that game
- it was
the 102nd time he was subbed off
for us in all competitions - the most by any Everton player!
- our last Premier League game on this date was
a 2-0 home win
against Sunderland in 2010
- Tim Cahill and Landon Donovan (his
first for the club!) were the scorers that day
- and back
in 1974, our first ever match on a Sunday was a January 27th home
FA Cup tie with 2nd tier West Brom
- it ended in
a 0-0 draw -
and we lost the replay
1-0 three days later at the Hawthorns!
Previous Meetings With Leicester
- we’ve won on each of
our last two meetings with Leicester
- most recently
2-0 at the King Power last December with goals
from Richarlison and Mason Holgate
- their last trip to
Goodison also ended in a win for us –
2-1 in July last season
another goal from Richarlison and a penalty from Gylfi Sigurdsson
gave us a 2-0 half-time lead
- but a 51st minute goal from
substitute Kelechi Iheanacho made things a little nervous for us!
at Goodison we’ve won 3 of our last 4 Premier League matches
with the Foxes
- but overall, we’ve drawn on
7 of their 14 Prem visits
- we’ve had some notable matches with Leicester
in the past
- in November 1931 we beat them
9-2 at Goodison!
- that’s the last time we scored
9 goals in a game
- in December 2015 Romelu Lukaku scored for the 7th
- that was in our
3-2 home Premier League
loss to Leicester - it's
a club scoring record for us in the Prem
- in December 1958
we lost 1-0 at Goodison to Leicester
it was our 26th successive match at home, 24 of them in the
League, without a clean sheet
- both are our
worst such runs
- in December 2003 Les Ferdinand scored his 16th
Premier League goal against us and his 9th at Goodison
our 3-2 home Prem win against the Foxes
- he is (along with
Alan Shearer) the record opposition goalscorer against us
in the Prem
- and he sits alone at the top of the Prem tree
just at Goodison!
- in February 2015
a 2-2 draw with Leicester was our 5th home draw in succession
in all competitions -
a club record
Keeping Up Appearances (and Goals)
- if Seamus Coleman starts against the Foxes it
will be his 298th start for us in all competitions
- that’s one
more than Tony Hibbert made for us!
- Seamus would be in
35th place alone on
our all-time list
- if Gylfi Sigurdsson
starts against Leicester it will be his 100th start for us in the
- he’ll be
the 40th Everton player to reach
- Kelechi Iheanacho is one of 12 opposition
players to have scored two goals against us as
a Premier League substitute
- only ex-Arsenal player Tomas Rosicky has scored
more - he managed 3 against us from the bench!
- a draw against Leicester would be
the 150th at home in our Premier League history!
- and 1
goal conceded would take us to 600 against at Goodison in the
- however, if we score 1, we will have reached 7,100
in our entire top flight history!
- and if we score twice, it
will bring up 5,400 for us in all of our home games ever!
- see all of those
- will there be a penalty in the game?!
- if either
Leicester or ourselves score one it will be the 100th successful
Premier League spot-kick
- so far there have been 99
successes and 35 unsuccessful efforts!
- if Leicester get a
pen, it will be the 50th for all of our opponents in the Prem at
- so far 37 have been scored and 12 missed or saved
- this will be just the 4th time we’ve ever kicked a match off
at 8.15pm - and the third on a Wednesday!
- the other two
Wednesday games were
the 3-0 win against Salford at Goodison in
the League Cup last September
- and the horrific
5-2 League defeat at Anfield in December 2019 in Marco Silva’s last match as
- here's a
reminder of the most recent additions to the site:
was Everton's number 23 in 2005/06?
- how many outfield players
have worn the number 13 shirt for us?!
- what's the highest
number ever sported by an Everton player?
- all your squad number
questions can now be answered wth the help of the new 'Squad
11 Everton players started the most games together?
- which two players started the most
times together for us?
- what about the Holy Trinity? Or The
1995 FA Cup winning team? Or Dean and Lawton? How many times
- have a look at the new
Starting Line-Ups section' - it's got it all!
was our oldest ever starting line-up? And the youngest?
seasons were our oldest and youngest? Which managers went with
youth and who went wth old codgers?!
it's all here in the new 'Average
Starting Line-Up Ages section'!
- which Everton
player made the most substitute appearances in a single season?!
in all competitions and in the League alone?
- the new 'Most
Sub Apps In One Season' section has the answers!
- which Everton substitute has scored the most goals for us?
- which opposition sub has scored the most against us?
- the new 'Goals
by Substitutes' section will let you know!
- Test cricketers have a small number on their shirt or cap
- it shows where they fit in in terms of the historical chronology
of their country
- now you can see what number every Everton player would wear!
- have a look at the 'Everton
Players Numbered Chronologically' section!
- who's managed the most times against Everton?
- who's managed the most clubs against us?!
- well, there's a new 'Opposition
Managers' section that will tell you everything you need to
- the 'Goals
in Most Consecutive Matches' section has been updated!
- it now includes details of which Everton players have scored
in the most successive home & away games too!
- who was the last Everton man to play 50 or more games in a season?
- who has played the most games in one season?!
- the new '50
or More Appearances in a Season' section will tell you!
- on the flip side, which players only ever managed 1 game for
- find out in the new Just
One Appearance section!
- we used 39 different players
in 2017/18 in all competitions
and 15 of them scored a goal
- is that a lot?! how does it compare to other seasons?
- find out in the new 'Number
of Players Used and Goal Scorers - Season-by-Season' section!
- who was the last Everton player to feature in every game in
- have a look at the new Ever
Presents section to find out!
- and how often have we completed League 'doubles' over our opponents
in the past?
- alternatively, how often have we been on the receiving end of
- you can now find out in the new League
Doubles For and Against section
- ever wondered which Everton player has been substituted the
- well, now you can find out - have a look at the new Subbed
Off section for full, fascinating details!
Richarlison was the last Everton player to score on his
- who else has managed that feat for the club?!
- have a look at the new Scored
on Their Debut section to find out!
- Wayne Rooney has
long departed, of course, but who else has had
2 separate spells at the club?!
- the new Two
or More Spells at Everton section will tell you!
- Jordan Pickford looks like he'll be our keeper for some years
- but who else has appeared for us between the sticks in the past?!
- the new Goalkeepers
section has all the details!
- and don't forget there's also a new History
In Short section too!
- you can see at a glance how many times we've finished in each
position in the League
- and where exactly we've been knocked out of the various cup
- have a peek!
Notable Forthcoming Anniversaries and Milestones
needs 1 more appearance to reach 50 for us in the Premier
League - so far he's made 24 starts + 25 as a sub
needs 1 more start to reach 100 for us in the Prem - he's
currently on 99
needs 2 more starts to reach 50 for us in all comps - he's on
48 at the moment
needs 2 more appearances to reach 50 for us in all
competitions - he's so far made 35 starts + 13 as a sub
Dates of Birth
Click below for information, erm, about
How Have Everton Performed
Birthday In The Past?
Or On Your Wife's? Or The Cat's?
Click On The Link And Pick A Date!
Appearances, Goals & Clean Sheets
Who Has Played The Most Times For
Who's Scored The Most Goals?
Is Big Dunc Our Most Used Sub Ever?
Click On The Link And Find Out!
When We're Good, We're Good.
When We're Bad, We're Terrible!
What's The Most Goals We've Ever Scored,
Or Conceded, In Any One Match?
Click On The Link To See The Extremes!
Did Over 70,000 People Really Used
And Watch Us At Home?
And What Were Our Smallest Crowds,
Home And Away?
Click On The Link To See The Figures!
Remember 1950-51? We Were
Remember 1984-85? We Were Good!!
Remember 1921-22? Er, No, Thought Not!
Click On The Link And Pick A Season!
Did We Really Once Lose To Glossop?
How Bad Have We Been Against Man Utd
In The Premier League?!
Click On The Link And Pick A Team!
What's Our Best Run Of Victories?
Or Our Worst Run Of Defeats?
What's The Longest We've Gone Without
Defeat? Or Without Winning?
Click On The Link To Reveal The Sequences!
A Whole Variety Of Information!
FA Cup 3rd Round, Opening Day, Christmas,
Easter, Europe, Cup Defeats, Big Matches,
Strange Competitions And More- It's All There!
Click On The Link And Pick A Topic!
About The Site
You are free to copy any of the contents of this website provided that
the use is not for commercial purposes
or for financial gain and that proper acknowledgement is given to Everton
Results. All rights reserved.