THE BLUE ROOM
THIS IS NOT
Welcome To Yet Another Everton Website!!!
The purpose of this site is to provide a comprehensive record of the results
of all competitive games played by Everton since their formation, together
with details of player appearances and goals.
There are lots of links on the left that break down the information into
different categories (as explained down below) so go ahead and click on
one and see what you get!
The title bar above currently features Graeme Sharp and Peter Farrell,
two former Everton legends - one
a double title winner, one an inspirational captain.
Click on their photos to see brief details of their Everton careers and
appearances & goals.
The title bar images will change every so often so that you'll get to
see a whole host of Everton greats throughout the months and years ahead.
Images (and career summaries) of previous weeks' legends can be
seen by clicking the 'Previous Legends' link on the left, where you'll
also find a link to take you to details of the less-than-legendary donkeys
like Mike Walker who have 'starred' in the 'Apart From ...' feature!
THE MARCO SILVA/RICHARLISON DERBY NEXT AT WATFORD! ...
... we’ve never played Watford
before on February
- and we lost on our last outing on this date - a 1-0 defeat at
Tottenham in 2014
- that was one of 6 away games we’ve played on this date, all
in the League - and we’ve won 3 and lost 3
- the last of those wins was back in 1929, a
2-1 success at Anfield against Liverpool
- we had an
interesting win on February 9th in 1988
- a 2-1 home FA Cup 4th Round 2nd Replay victory against Middlesbrough
- it was our 7th match in that
season's FA Cup competition!
- we'd already taken 4 matches to beat Sheff Wed in the 3rd Rd
and then 3 more to beat 'Boro in the 4th!
- we drew the last time we played Watford - 2-2
at Goodison in mid-December
- Lucas Digne earned us a point with a dramatic 96th minute free-kick
- after Gylfi Sigurdsson had missed an earlier penalty
- Richarlison scored our opening goal in that match
- and, of course, he and manager Marco Silva will be making an
interesting return to their former club!
- we’ve lost both of our most
recent games at Watford and won 0 of the last 3 - W0 D1 L2
- last season’s trip ended 1-0
to the Hornets with Troy Deeney scoring the only goal after
- our last win at Vicarage Road was in February 2007
- that was a
3-0 victory against a soon-to-be-relegated Watford
- the match will be our 12th Premier League meeting with the Hornets,
home and away
- and our current record is W6 D3 L2
- in all meetings with them at all venues, our record is an impressive
W19 D4 L4
- only against Plymouth Argyle do we have a
- that's against teams we’ve met on more than 6 occasions
(on a points-per-game basis, using 3 points for a win
in all competitions)
- if Leighton Baines plays against Watford it will be his 412th
appearance for the club in all competitions
- he’d move 1 ahead of 1950s captain and defender Tommy “TE” Jones
- and into 14th place alone on our
All-Time Appearances list
- if Seamus Coleman plays, it will be his 239th League appearance
- that’s the same as Duncan Ferguson managed!
- they’d both be in joint 45th position on our
All-Time League list
- and in joint 8th place on our
Premier League chart
- if Gylfi Sigurdsson starts the match against Watford it will
be his 50th Premier League start for the club
- he’d be the
74th player to reach that milestone for us!
- Gylfi and Richarlison are having a ding-dong battle at the top
of our Prem scoring chart this season!
- if Gylfi scores against the Hornets he’ll move on to 10 in the
Prem for us this campaign
- and 14 in his Everton Premier League career
- that would put him level with Joleon Lescott & Steve Watson
in 29th place on our
all-time Prem scoring chart
- if Richarlison scores against his old club it will be 11 for
him in the Prem
- that'll be the same as Thomas Gravesen and James McFadden managed
- they'd be level in 36th position on that Prem scoring chart
- Jonjoe Kenny has never scored for us!
- if he plays and once again fails to grab a goal that will be
his 30th game for us in the Prem without scoring!
10 players have played more games for us in the Prem without
managing a goal
- the king is, of course, Tony Hibbert who played 265 times for
us in the Prem without scoring
- and 329 times in all competitions!
- at the other end of the pitch, if Jordan Pickford keeps a clean
sheet it will be his 17th for us in the Prem
- only Tim Howard, Neville Southall, Nigel Martyn, Thomas Myhre
and Paul Gerrard have kept more
- Tim Howard leads
that list with 116 shut-outs in his 354 Prem appearances for
- if we win at Watford it will be our 4th
away League win this season
- that would be 1 more than we managed last season and the same
as we achieved in 2016-17
- a win would also give us back-to-back away victories, following
our success at Huddersfield
- that would be the first time since September
- a clean sheet, meanwhile, would be also be our second in a row
away from home
- and we haven’t done that since December
- a defeat at Watford, on the other hand, would be our 3rd in
a row home and away
- and that hasn’t happened since January
- Lee Probert will be refereeing the match
- he has awarded 5 penalties in previous Everton matches - but
only 1 to us!
- will he award one to Watford this time?
- if he does it will be the
300th spot-kick for all of our opposition in all of our away
League games ever!
- if Watford score one ...
- ... it will be the 200th successful spot-kick by all of our
opponents in all of our away League matches!
- finally, we’ve lost all of our last 4 away games played on a
Saturday, in all competitions
- 3 of them in the Prem!
- moreover, home and away, we’ve lost 5 of our last 6 Saturday
matches in all competitions!
- a reminder of some newer sections on the site!
- which Everton substitute has scored the most goals for us?
- which opposition sub has scored the most against us?
- the new 'Goals
by Substitutes' section will let you know!
- Test cricketers have a small number on their shirt or cap
- it shows where they fit in in terms of the historical chronology
of their country
- now you can see what number every Everton player would wear!
- have a look at the 'Everton
Players Numbered Chronologically' section!
- who's managed the most times against Everton?
- who's managed the most clubs against us?!
- well, there's a new 'Opposition
Managers' section that will tell you everything you need to
- the 'Goals
in Most Consecutive Matches' section has been updated!
- it now includes details of which Everton players have scored
in the most successive home & away games too!
- who was the last Everton man to play 50 or more games in a season?
- who has played the most games in one season?!
- the new '50
or More Appearances in a Season' section will tell you!
- on the flip side, which players only ever managed 1 game for
- find out in the new Just
One Appearance section!
- we used 39 different players last season in all competitions
and 15 of them scored a goal
- is that a lot?! how does it compare to other seasons?
- find out in the new 'Number
of Players Used and Goal Scorers - Season-by-Season' section!
- who was the last Everton player to feature in every game in
- have a look at the new Ever
Presents section to find out!
- and how often have we completed League 'doubles' over our opponents
in the past?
- alternatively, how often have we been on the receiving end of
- you can now find out in the new League
Doubles For and Against section
- ever wondered which Everton player has been substituted the
- well, now you can find out - have a look at the new Subbed
Off section for full, fascinating details!
- Ademola Lookman was the last Everton player to score on his
- who else has managed that feat for the club?!
- have a look at the new Scored
on Their Debut section to find out!
- Wayne Rooney has now departed, of course, but who else has had
2 separate spells at the club?!
- the new Two
or More Spells at Everton section will tell you!
- Jordan Pickford looks like he'll be our keeper for some years
- but who else has appeared for us between the sticks in the past?!
- the new Goalkeepers
section has all the details!
- and don't forget there's also a new History
In Short section too!
- you can see at a glance how many times we've finished in each
position in the League
- and where exactly we've been knocked out of the various cup
- have a peek!
Notable Forthcoming Anniversaries and Milestones
needs 1 more start to reach 50 for us in the Premier League -
so far he's made 49
Tom Davies needs 2 more starts to reach 50 for us in the
Prem - he's currently made 48
Mason Holgate needs
2 more appearances to reach 50 for us in all competitions - he's
on 43 + 5 at the moment
Dates of Birth
Click below for information, erm, about
How Have Everton Performed
Birthday In The Past?
Or On Your Wife's? Or The Cat's?
Click On The Link And Pick A Date!
Appearances, Goals & Clean Sheets
Who Has Played The Most Times For
Who's Scored The Most Goals?
Is Big Dunc Our Most Used Sub Ever?
Click On The Link And Find Out!
When We're Good, We're Good.
When We're Bad, We're Terrible!
What's The Most Goals We've Ever Scored,
Or Conceded, In Any One Match?
Click On The Link To See The Extremes!
Did Over 70,000 People Really Used
And Watch Us At Home?
And What Were Our Smallest Crowds,
Home And Away?
Click On The Link To See The Figures!
Remember 1950-51? We Were
Remember 1984-85? We Were Good!!
Remember 1921-22? Er, No, Thought Not!
Click On The Link And Pick A Season!
Did We Really Once Lose To Glossop?
How Bad Have We Been Against Man Utd
In The Premier League?!
Click On The Link And Pick A Team!
What's Our Best Run Of Victories?
Or Our Worst Run Of Defeats?
What's The Longest We've Gone Without
Defeat? Or Without Winning?
Click On The Link To Reveal The Sequences!
A Whole Variety Of Information!
FA Cup 3rd Round, Opening Day, Christmas,
Easter, Europe, Cup Defeats, Big Matches,
Strange Competitions And More- It's All There!
Click On The Link And Pick A Topic!
About The Site
You are free to copy any of the contents of this website provided that
the use is not for commercial purposes
or for financial gain and that proper acknowledgement is given to Everton
Results. All rights reserved.