Welcome To Yet Another Everton Website!!!
The purpose of this site is to provide a comprehensive record of the results
of all competitive games played by Everton since their formation, together
with details of player appearances and goals.
There are lots of links on the left that break down the information into
different categories (as explained down below) so go ahead and click on
one and see what you get!
The title bar above currently features Tommy "TG" Jones and
Colin Harvey, two former Everton legends - one a defender, one a midfielder
- both graceful, classy and the epitome of what Everton is all about.
Click on their photos to see brief details of their Everton careers and
appearances & goals.
The title bar images will change every so often so that you'll get to
see a whole host of Everton greats throughout the months and years ahead.
Images (and career summaries) of previous weeks' legends can be
seen by clicking the 'Previous Legends' link on the left, where you'll
also find a link to take you to details of the less-than-legendary donkeys
like Claus Thomsen who have 'starred' in the 'Apart From ...' feature!
A Valuable Point In Lille ...
- ... the game was live on television
in the UK on ITV4
- and we've still only ever won 1 away game live on an ITV Channel
- a W1 D5 L9 record!
- the one win was at Sunderland
in 2012's FA Cup QF Replay
- the attendance at Lille was 41,057
- that's our 7th
highest away European crowd and our 13th
highest at any venue
- Tim Howard & Tony Hibbert have now played 22 European games
- they are joint top of our All-Time
European Appearances chart
- Tim on his own is top of our All-Time
European Starts list on 22
- Ross Barkley and Mo Besic, on the other hand, both played their
1st European games for us
- we've now had 163 different players in Europe and 148 starters
- Tim Howard made his 359th appearance for us in all competitions
- he's now in 20th place on our All-Time
Appearances chart, 1 ahead of Brian Harris
- further down the list Leighton Baines is now 40th on 292, 1
game behind Gary Stevens
- Tim kept his 119th clean sheet for us in all games in France
- he's now just 1 behind Ted Sagar in 4th place on our All-Time
Clean Sheets list
- in just European games, Tim is now level with Big Nev on 8 shut-outs
- Tony Hibbert didn't score, of course!
- in all competitions, Hibbo has now played 324
games without a goal
- that's exactly 100 games ahead of the nearest 'driest' Evertonian,
Jock McDonald from the 1920's!
- Tony's Everton playing career now stands at 13 years and 206
- that's the
6th longest playing career in our history
- he's moved ahead of Joe Mercer and is just 1 day behind Jack
- and so on to Burnley on October 26th, for our 6th away game
in 7 matches!
- we've played Burnley twice before on that date, both away, both
ending in 1-1 draws
last one was in 1974 and the
first one was in 1895
- our last Oct 26 outing was this
2-0 win at Aston Villa last season
- but that's the only win in our last 7 matches on that date -
a W1 D3 L3 record
- we've won on none of our last 5 visits to Turf Moor - W0 D3
- our last trip there ended in a
1-0 defeat in August 2009
- and our last win at their place came in
- strictly speaking Burnley are our least
favourite away Pemier League opponents
- the fact that we've only played them away once in the Prem may
have something to with that!
- our last meeting with the Clarets was at Goodison in December
- late goals from Steven Pienaar and James Vaughan gave
us a 2-0 victory
- a clean sheet at Burnley would be Tim Howard's 120th for us
in all competitions
- that would put him level with Ted Sagar in 3rd place on our
Clean Sheets list
- if Tony Hibbert plays at Turf Moor his Everton playing career
will stretch to 13 years and 209 days
- Hibbo would move ahead of the legendary Jack Taylor & have
5th longest playing career in our history
- if they play, James McCarthy will be making his 50th Everton
appearance in all comps
- and Seamus Coleman will be making his 150th
- 3 goals at Burnley (optimistic!) would take us to 100 under
Roberto Martinez in all competitions
- and, as I say before every match .....
- ..... if someone who has
never scored for us before manages to find the net against Villa
- then they will become the 500th different scorer in our history
(not including own goals)
- so that could be Atsu ... or Besic ... or Stones ... or, gulp,
Tony Hibbert .....
Notable Forthcoming Anniversaries and Milestones
Seamus Coleman needs 1 more
appearance to reach 150 for us in all competitions - so far he's
made 125 starts and 24 as a sub
McCarthy needs 1 more appearance to reach 50 for us in all
games - he's on 44 starts and 5 as a sub
Sylvain Distin needs 2 more appearances to reach 200 for us
in all competitions - he's made 191 starts plus 7 as a sub
Gibson needs 2 more appearances to reach 50 for us in all
competitions - so far he's made 42 starts plus 6 as a sub
Gareth Barry needs 2 more appearances to reach 50 for us in
all competitions - he's made 47 starts and 1 as a sub
Ross Barkley needs 2 more appearances to reach 50 for us in
the Premier League - he's currently on 30 starts and 18 as a sub
Dates of Birth
Click below for information, erm, about
How Have Everton Performed
Birthday In The Past?
Or On Your Wife's? Or The Cat's?
Click On The Link And Pick A Date!
Appearances, Goals & Clean Sheets
Who Has Played The Most Times For
Who's Scored The Most Goals?
Is Big Dunc Our Most Used Sub Ever?
Click On The Link And Find Out!
When We're Good, We're Good.
When We're Bad, We're Terrible!
What's The Most Goals We've Ever Scored,
Or Conceded, In Any One Match?
Click On The Link To See The Extremes!
Did Over 70,000 People Really Used
And Watch Us At Home?
And What Were Our Smallest Crowds,
Home And Away?
Click On The Link To See The Figures!
Remember 1950-51? We Were
Remember 1984-85? We Were Good!!
Remember 1921-22? Er, No, Thought Not!
Click On The Link And Pick A Season!
Did We Really Once Lose To Glossop?
How Bad Have We Been Against Man Utd
In The Premier League?!
Click On The Link And Pick A Team!
What's Our Best Run Of Victories?
Or Our Worst Run Of Defeats?
What's The Longest We've Gone Without
Defeat? Or Without Winning?
Click On The Link To Reveal The Sequences!
A Whole Variety Of Information!
FA Cup 3rd Round, Opening Day, Christmas,
Easter, Europe, Cup Defeats, Big Matches,
Strange Competitions And More- It's All There!
Click On The Link And Pick A Topic!
About The Site
You are free to copy any of the contents of this website provided that
the use is not for commercial purposes
or for financial gain and that proper acknowledgement is given to Everton
Results. All rights reserved.