Welcome To Yet Another Everton Website!!!
The purpose of this site is to provide a comprehensive record of the results
of all competitive games played by Everton since their formation, together
with details of player appearances and goals.
There are lots of links on the left that break down the information into
different categories (as explained down below) so go ahead and click on
one and see what you get!
The title bar above currently features Tommy "TG" Jones and
Colin Harvey, two former Everton legends - one a defender, one a midfielder
- both graceful, classy and the epitome of what Everton is all about.
Click on their photos to see brief details of their Everton careers and
appearances & goals.
The title bar images will change every so often so that you'll get to
see a whole host of Everton greats throughout the months and years ahead.
Images (and career summaries) of previous weeks' legends can be
seen by clicking the 'Previous Legends' link on the left, where you'll
also find a link to take you to details of the less-than-legendary donkeys
like Claus Thomsen who have 'starred' in the 'Apart From ...' feature!
Very Disappointing Result At Old Trafford ...
- ... and it's now 5 matches without
a win for us in all competitions
- the Man Utd game was our 4th away game in succession
- that's the first time that's happened to us since December
- strangely, that 2007 run of matches also ended with a
2-1 defeat at Man Utd!
- the game at Old Trafford was the 5,200th game in our competitive
- and the defeat was our 300th in the Premier League against all
opposition home and away
- and we've now lost all of our last 3 games that have followed
a European tie
- and our recent record following away Euro games is W0
- and we've still never won a Premier League game that kicked
off at 12 noon!
- that's a record of W0 D2 L5 - with 6 of those games against
Man Utd and 1 against Liverpool
- Leighton Baines, of course, missed his first Everton Premier
League penalty at Old Trafford
- he's now scored 13 out of 14 for us in the Prem and 19 from
21 in all competitions
- only Trevor Steven and David Unsworth have scored more for us
- both with 23
- Steven Naismith scored his 13th Premier League goal for us against
- he's now joint 28th with Beattie and Cadamarteri on our All-Time
Prem Scorers' chart
- Tony Hibbert, of course, once again didn't score!
- he's now played 323 Everton games, 291 of them as a starter,
scoring a single goal!
- and there are now only 9 players who have played more EFC Prem
games without a goal than
- Leighton Baines has now made 290 Everton appearances in all
- that puts him 41st on our All-Time
Appearances chart, 1 ahead of Billy Scott and Bob Latchford
- Leon Osman leads the way on that list amongst current players
in 16th on 395
- in just League games, Bainesy has now played 238 times for us
- that puts him just 1 behind Duncan Ferguson in 44th place on
League Appearances list
- Ossie is 15th on that list with 326 games
- and Tim Howard is now joint 20th with David Unsworth on 304
- in terms of just starts Tim is now level with Kevin Sheedy
on 357 for us in all competitions
- they are our joint 19th on our All-Time
- Ossie is 22nd on 338 and Tony Hibbert is now equal 36th with
Gary Stevens on 292
- Leighton Baines meanwhile is 47th on 272, 1 behind Joe Royle
- in League games, Phil Jagielka has now made 200 starts for us
- he's our 71st
player to reach that milestone
- Leon Osman's latest game for us came from the substitute's bench
- that was his 57th sub appearance for us in all competitions
- he's now joint 5th with Stuart Barlow on our All-Time
Substitute Appearances list
- and Ossie's Everton playing career now stretches to 11 years
and 266 days
- that's the 22nd
longest in our history and just 1 day less than Kevin Ratcliffe's
- Tony Hibbert is 7th on that list with an EFC playing career
so far lasting 13 years and 188 days
- and so on to Aston Villa at home on October 18th after the international
- we lost our last outing on that date - a
3-1 defeat at Arsenal in 2008
- but in our last 8 games on Oct 18 our record is an impressive
W6 D1 L1
- the last victory was the
2-0 win v. Liverpool in 1997 - that was the Ruddock/Cadamarteri
- we've played Aston Villa twice before on October 18th
- we beat them 2-1
at Goodison in 1975 and lost 2-1
at Villa Park in 1902
- our recent record against Villa is pretty good
- it's W3 D1 L0 in our last 4 meetings, home and away, and W3
D4 L0 in the last 7
- at Goodison, their last 6 visits in all competitions have seen
us unbeaten with a W2 D4 L0 record
- the last encounter was our 2-1
home win last February, courtesy of Kevin Mirallas's late
- it'll be our 199th League meeting with the Villains
- it's the most played League fixture in English football!
- and - what's more - it'll be the 100th League meeting between
the teams at our ground
- (the first 4 of which were at Anfield!)
- that's the first English fixture to reach that magnificent milestone!
- in all competitions it'll be the 217th time we've met them at
- and the current overall record is a finely balanced W79 D58
- Villa's Gabby Agbonlahor has scored 7 times against us in the
Premier League previously
- of currently active players, only Steven Gerrard (9) has scored
more than that
- Agbonlahor is joint 10th on the 'Most
Prem Goals Against Everton' list
- the Villa game will be our 199th home Premier League game
- and 3 goals would take us to 4,200 at home in our Top Flight
- Tim Howard will be 35 years and 226 days old on the day of the
- if he plays he'll overtake Howard Kendall and become our 23rd
oldest League player, the 24th in all games
- if Tony Hibbert plays, his Everton playing career will have
lasted 13 years and 201 days
- that'll see him pass Joe Mercer and become the 6th
longest serving player in our history
- meanwhile, if he plays, Leon Osman's EFC playing career will
stand at 11 years and 279 days
- he'll move up to 20th on the list above Gordon Watson and Kevin
- and, and I'm almost fed up saying this (!) .....
- ..... if someone who has
never scored for us before manages to find the net against Villa
- then they will become the 500th different scorer in our history
(not including own goals)
- so that could be Atsu ... or Besic ... or Stones ... or, gulp,
Tony Hibbert .....
Notable Forthcoming Anniversaries and Milestones
Seamus Coleman needs 2 more
appearance to reach 150 for us in all competitions - so far he's
made 124 starts and 24 as a sub
Dates of Birth
Click below for information, erm, about
How Have Everton Performed
Birthday In The Past?
Or On Your Wife's? Or The Cat's?
Click On The Link And Pick A Date!
Appearances, Goals & Clean Sheets
Who Has Played The Most Times For
Who's Scored The Most Goals?
Is Big Dunc Our Most Used Sub Ever?
Click On The Link And Find Out!
When We're Good, We're Good.
When We're Bad, We're Terrible!
What's The Most Goals We've Ever Scored,
Or Conceded, In Any One Match?
Click On The Link To See The Extremes!
Did Over 70,000 People Really Used
And Watch Us At Home?
And What Were Our Smallest Crowds,
Home And Away?
Click On The Link To See The Figures!
Remember 1950-51? We Were
Remember 1984-85? We Were Good!!
Remember 1921-22? Er, No, Thought Not!
Click On The Link And Pick A Season!
Did We Really Once Lose To Glossop?
How Bad Have We Been Against Man Utd
In The Premier League?!
Click On The Link And Pick A Team!
What's Our Best Run Of Victories?
Or Our Worst Run Of Defeats?
What's The Longest We've Gone Without
Defeat? Or Without Winning?
Click On The Link To Reveal The Sequences!
A Whole Variety Of Information!
FA Cup 3rd Round, Opening Day, Christmas,
Easter, Europe, Cup Defeats, Big Matches,
Strange Competitions And More- It's All There!
Click On The Link And Pick A Topic!
About The Site
You are free to copy any of the contents of this website provided that
the use is not for commercial purposes
or for financial gain and that proper acknowledgement is given to Everton
Results. All rights reserved.