THIS IS NOT
Welcome To Yet Another Everton Website!!!
The purpose of this site is to provide a comprehensive record of the results
of all competitive games played by Everton since their formation, together
with details of player appearances and goals.
There are lots of links on the left that break down the information into
different categories (as explained down below) so go ahead and click on
one and see what you get!
The title bar above currently features Howard Kendall and Ted Sagar,
two former Everton legends - one a top midfielder and the most successful
manager in our history, the other one of England's best ever keepers.
Click on their photos to see brief details of their Everton careers and
appearances & goals.
The title bar images will change every so often so that you'll get to
see a whole host of Everton greats throughout the months and years ahead.
Images (and career summaries) of previous weeks' legends can be
seen by clicking the 'Previous Legends' link on the left, where you'll
also find a link to take you to details of the less-than-legendary donkeys
like Claus Thomsen who have 'starred' in the 'Apart From ...' feature!
Heartbreak At Wembley ...
- ... we seem to be a club that
can't stop getting close to things and then finding stupid ways
to miss out
- we've played 21 times now at Wembley in all competitions and
our record is W8 D4 L9 - F25 A25
- however we haven't won (outside of a penalty shoot-out) on any
of our last 4 trips there now - W0 D1 L3
- the drawn game did, of course, end happily with that penalty
shoot-out success against Man U in 2009
- in the FA Cup we've played 11 times at Wembley now - W4 D1 L7
- it was our 26th FA Cup Semi-Final and, including Replays, our
record is now W12 D7 L13 - F38 A43
- one of those draws was the penalty shoot-out win against Yernited
- that means we've progressed to the Final 13 times, and been
knocked out 13 times, at the FA Cup SF stage
- but we've now lost 2 on the run
- the Man Utd heartbreaker following, of course, the
2-1 defeat to Liverpool in 2012
- Romelu Lukaku missed a penalty, of course
- that was the first ever spot-kick at Wembley in a game involving
(apart from penalty shoot-outs, of course!)
- we are now without a win in 7 games, by the way - W0 D3 L4
- and we've suffered 3 successive defeats to Man Utd
- and 4 consecutive losses in games shown live on UK TV!
- oh, and we've now lost each of the last 4 games refereed by
- Leighton Baines made his 337th appearance for us in all competitions
- he's now moved into 24th place on his own
- Leighton is 1 ahead of 1900s half-back Harry Makepeace on our
- it was also Bainesy's 31st FA Cup game for us
- that's the same as 1950s/60s legend Brian Harris and 1940s/50s
giant Peter Farrell
- they are all in joint 27th position on our All-Time
FA Cup Appearances list
- and so on to Bournemouth at home in the Premier League on April
- it's very hard to summon up any enthusiasm at all for it, isn't
- we've never played Bournemouth on that date before
- and we drew on our last April 30th outing - 1-1
at Wigan in 2011
- our overall record on April 30th in the past is W3 D3 L10
- that makes it - on either a 3 or a 2 points for a win basis
- the worst date in our history!
(including only dates where we've played more than
- and our April 30 win percentage of 18.75% is our second worst
in the calendar
- only on April 22 (W4 D12 L8; a win percentage of 16.67%) have
we fared worse!
(again only including dates where we've played more
- our last April 30th win was
a 2-0 home victory over West Ham back in 1983
- and one of our only other 2 wins on that date was
in 1932, 1-0 at home to Bolton
- that victory secured our 4th League title with 2 games left
- some of our April 30th losses have been particularly horrible!
- in 1960 we
were beaten 5-0 at Man Utd in our final game of the season
- it meant that for the only time in our history we had no away
wins all season!
- that was 21 away League games plus 1 away tie in the FA Cup!
- in 1986 Gary Lineker forgot his lucky boots and we
lost 1-0 at 3rd bottom Oxford
- the result basically handed the title to Liverpool
- and in 1989 Nott'm Forest beat us 4-3
at Wembley in extra time in the Simod Cup Final
- not a great date for us, then!
- our record against Bournemouth is better, though!
- we've played them 5 times before and never lost - W4 D1 L0
- and we've scored at least 2 goals in every meeting - and 15
times in total in those 5 games!
- our last encounter with them was the
2-0 FA Cup 5th Round win in February at their place
- we've never met the Cherries at home in the League before
- our only other League meeting was the
horrible 3-3 draw at the Vitality Stadium last November
- if he plays against Bournemouth it will be Leon Osman's 351st
Premier League appearance for us
- he'd move to just 1 behind Tim Howard at the top of our All-Time
Prem Appearances chart
- if Ossie starts it will be his 358th start for us in
- he'd move level with Brian Harris in joint 19th place on our
- if Leon comes on as a sub v. Bournemouth it will be his 56th
sub appearance for us in the League
- he'd move into 4th place on his own, 1 ahead of Danny Cadamarteri,
on our All-Time
League Subs list
- if Ross Barkley plays in the Bournemouth game it will be his
45th consecutive game for us in the Prem
- Ross is the 12th
player in our Premier League history to reach over 43 successive
- if Mo Besic plays against the Cherries & fails to score
it will be his 35th Prem game for us without a goal
- Mo would move to 8th place alone on our 'Most
Games in the Prem Without Scoring' list!
- he'd be 1 ahead of Li Tie!
- we are, of course, already guaranteed to return our lowest ever
home League points total in a season!
- fewest Everton home League points in a season (using 3 points
for a win):
17 - 2015/16
(with 2 home games left)
24 - 1957/58
- but there are other unwanted home record possibilities lurking
around the corner for the club too!
- fewest Everton home League wins in a season:
4 - 2015/16
(with 2 home games left)
5 - 1957/58
6 - 2000/01,
- most home Everton League defeats in a season:
9 - 1993/94,
8 - 2015/16
(with 2 home games left), 1996/97,
- most home Premier League goals conceded in a season:
30 - 1993/94
29 - 2015/16
(with 2 home games left)
- if we don't manage to beat Bournemouth it will be our 8th successive
Premier League game without a win
- that would equal our 2nd worse run, something we've 'achieved'
3 time before, most recently from Oct-Dec
- our worst run without a win in the Prem is 12 matches, under
Mike Walker, from August-October
- Neil Swarbrick is the referee for the Bournemouth game
- home and away, we've never lost with him in the middle - W4
- at Goodison, he's been in charge of us 3 times before - and
we won all 3!
- our 3-1
win against QPR in December 2014 was his his last appointment
at our place
- Swarbrick has sent 2 players off in Everton games
- one was Huddersfield's Lee Peltier in our 5-1
home League Cup win in August 2010
- the other was Aiden McGeady when we lost
9-8 on pens at West Ham in the FA Cup in January 2015
- but there's never been a sending-off before in all of Everton's
fixtures with Bournemouth!
- okay, there's only been 5 fixtures - but even so!
- maybe a Bournemouth player will be red-carded this time round?
- if so, he'll become the 50th opponent to be sent-off
at Goodison in the Premier League
- if one of ours is sent-off he'll be the 50th Everton player
to be sent-off at Goodison in our League history!
- and it would also be our 7th sending-off in all competitions
- that would equal the most we've ever had in a single season!
- we also reached that many in 1998/99,
2002/03 and 2005/06!
- finally a reminder that our last 10 home Premier League games
have brought us this record: W1 D3 L6
- time for an improvement!
- however, our last 5 home Prem matches on a Saturday have produced
no wins - W0 D1 L4!
- John Stones is our latest Number 5, after changing his squad
number this season
- so, why not have a look at all of the previous Evertonians who
for us as a Number 5
- and why not immerse yourself in finding out how
we fared during World War I?!
- all of the usual comprehensive stats are there for each of the
4 seasons that we played during the Great War
Notable Forthcoming Anniversaries and Milestones
Darron Gibson needs 1 more appearance to reach 50
for us in the Premier League - he's made 37 starts + 12 as a sub
Gibbo also needs 1 more start to reach 50 for us in all
Dates of Birth
Click below for information, erm, about
How Have Everton Performed
Birthday In The Past?
Or On Your Wife's? Or The Cat's?
Click On The Link And Pick A Date!
Appearances, Goals & Clean Sheets
Who Has Played The Most Times For
Who's Scored The Most Goals?
Is Big Dunc Our Most Used Sub Ever?
Click On The Link And Find Out!
When We're Good, We're Good.
When We're Bad, We're Terrible!
What's The Most Goals We've Ever Scored,
Or Conceded, In Any One Match?
Click On The Link To See The Extremes!
Did Over 70,000 People Really Used
And Watch Us At Home?
And What Were Our Smallest Crowds,
Home And Away?
Click On The Link To See The Figures!
Remember 1950-51? We Were
Remember 1984-85? We Were Good!!
Remember 1921-22? Er, No, Thought Not!
Click On The Link And Pick A Season!
Did We Really Once Lose To Glossop?
How Bad Have We Been Against Man Utd
In The Premier League?!
Click On The Link And Pick A Team!
What's Our Best Run Of Victories?
Or Our Worst Run Of Defeats?
What's The Longest We've Gone Without
Defeat? Or Without Winning?
Click On The Link To Reveal The Sequences!
A Whole Variety Of Information!
FA Cup 3rd Round, Opening Day, Christmas,
Easter, Europe, Cup Defeats, Big Matches,
Strange Competitions And More- It's All There!
Click On The Link And Pick A Topic!
About The Site
You are free to copy any of the contents of this website provided that
the use is not for commercial purposes
or for financial gain and that proper acknowledgement is given to Everton
Results. All rights reserved.