THE BLUE ROOM
THIS IS NOT
Welcome To Yet Another Everton Website!!!
The purpose of this site is to provide a comprehensive record of the results
of all competitive games played by Everton since their formation, together
with details of player appearances and goals.
There are lots of links on the left that break down the information into
different categories (as explained down below) so go ahead and click on
one and see what you get!
The title bar above currently features Kevin Ratcliffe and Warney Cresswell,
two former Everton legends - both captains, both cultured defenders, both
double title winners, both FA Cup winners.
Click on their photos to see brief details of their Everton careers and
appearances & goals.
The title bar images will change every so often so that you'll get to
see a whole host of Everton greats throughout the months and years ahead.
Images (and career summaries) of previous weeks' legends can be
seen by clicking the 'Previous Legends' link on the left, where you'll
also find a link to take you to details of the less-than-legendary donkeys
like Mike Walker who have 'starred' in the 'Apart From ...' feature!
I'M SO EXCITED - AND I JUST CAN'T HIDE IT ...
- ... I'm about to lose control
and I think I like it!
- well! It has been the most exciting Everton pre-season for donkey's
years, so why not!
- and things get started with the visit of MFK Ružomberok in the
Europa League on July 27th
- it will be the earliest start we've ever had to a season
- and our first ever competitive game in the month of July
- the current record for our earliest competitive game is the
1987 Charity Shield
- that was the
1-0 win against Coventry at Wembley, you may remember
- next after that, our earliest games have come on August 8th
- 3 times
- they were a
2-2 draw at home to Watford in the Prem in 2015
1-1 draw at home to Man Utd, also in the Prem in 1999
- and a
2-1 win at Chelsea in the 1970 Charity Shield
- our earliest ever European match was the
2-1 home defeat to Villarreal
- that was on August 9th 2005 - but let's not talk about Villarreal
- oh, and it will be only the 3rd time we've started the season
on a Thursday!
- the 2 previous occasions were in 1910/11
- and in 1898/99
- the game against Ružomberok will be our 82nd match in Europe,
the 41st at home
- you can see our full previous record in the European
section of the site
- Ružomberok will be our 2nd Slovak opponents
- the others were Inter
Bratislava in 1984 on our way to Cup Winners Cup glory
- strictly speaking Bratislava was in Czechoslovakia at the time
- the Slovak Republic and the Czech Republic only went their separate
ways in the early 1990s
- we've also had previous European ties against 2 Czech Republic
teams too, don't forget
- they were Sigma
Olomouc in 2009 and Dukla
Prague in 1978 (Prague was in Czechoslovakia at the time)
- so who has played the most games for Everton in Europe?
- Tim Howard - 28 games - is the answer
- of our current players Phil Jagielka, on 21 games in 4th place,
is highest on our All-Time
European Apps list
- Phil is also the highest current player on our All-Time
European Goals list
- he's in joint 4th place on that chart with 4 goals
- the now departed (and unlamented?) Mr Lukaku tops that list
on 8 European goals for us
- if Leighton Baines plays against Ružomberok it will be his 375th
game for the club in all competitions
- that would put him into 19th place alone on our All-Time
Appearances chart, 1 ahead of Tommy Wright
- no other full-back will have played more games for the club!
- if Phil Jagielka gets a game then it will be his 350th for us
- he'd join David Unsworth in joint 23rd place on that chart
- Gareth Barry will be 36 years and 154 days old on the day of
the Ružomberok game, by the way
- if he plays he will become the 20th
oldest player to play for us in all competitions!
- given our recent transfer mania, there will inevitably be a
host of players making their Everton debuts
- it could potentially be 5 - Keane, Klaassen, Martina, Pickford
- in our first ever competitive game we had (of course!) 11 debutants
- that was a 1-0
FA Cup defeat at Bolton in October 1887
- the match was subsequently replayed due to Bolton fielding an
- since then the most debutants we've had in a single game is
- that's happened 3 times
- the first was in our first ever Football League game - the
2-1 home win v Accrington in September 1888
- 5 players who'd previously played FA Cup football for us were
joined in that match by 6 newbies!
- the second occasion was our first FA Cup match after World War
- that was a
2-1 defeat at Preston
- and the most recent one was the
1-0 home defeat to BATE Borisov in the Europa League in December
- in that game we gave debuts to:
- Jake Bidwell, Adam Forshaw, Carlo Nash, Hope Akpan, Shkodran
Mustafi and Nathan Craig!
- Jordan Pickford - if he starts - will be the 84th different
goalkeeper to start a game for the club!
- have a look at the new Goalkeeper
section for full details of all of our previous keepers!
- and the iconic Number 9 Everton shirt now belongs to Sandro
- good luck to the new best little Spaniard we know!
- you can see details of everyone who's gone before him at Everton
in the Number
- will anyone score on their debut?!
- 99 players have done so before for the club
- Ademola Lookman was the last in the 4-0
win against Man City last January
- there are full details of all of our debut scorers in the 'Players
Who Scored On Their Debut' section!
- Wayne Rooney, of course, won't be making his Everton
- but if he plays he will become the latest player to have more
than one spell at the club
- in total he'll be the 35th player to have had 2 or more spells
- the most recent was Aaron Lennon and you can see all of the
others in the '2
Spells Or More' section!
- Wayne's career record at Everton in his first spell looked like
- 48 starts, 29 sub apps, 17 goals - all competitions
- 40 starts, 27 sub apps, 15 goals - Premier League
- he has yet to play a European game for the club
- if he does play against Ružomberok, Wayne will break a club
- it will be the longest gap - at 13 years and 73 days - between
- his last match was the 5-1
debacle at Man City in May 2004, the last match of the 2003/04
- currently the record holder here is 1900s/1910s winger Joe Donnachie
- there were 10 years & 357 days between Joe's last game in
his first spell in 1908
- and his re-appearance in 1919
- Wayne will also overtake a club record held by Howard Kendall
- there were 14 years & 290 days between Howard's first
game in his first spell
- and his last game in his second spell
- Wayne's figure will be 14 years & 344 days if he plays against
- and of course that record will only increase with each new Everton
game he plays
- Ted Sagar holds the record for the longest Everton career in
a single spell at the club
- a mammoth 22 years & 302 days!
- have a look at the Longest
Everton careers section for more of this nonsense!
- some penalty stats for you!
- will we score from a penalty against Ružomberok?
- if we do it will be our 300th
successful spot-kick in all of our home games ever!
- our current home record from 12 yards is: Scored 299, Missed
or Saved 126!
- and if Leighton Baines nets a penalty against them it will be
his 24th spot-kick success for us
- he'd then move out on his own at the top of our 'Most
Penalties Scored' chart
- he's currently level on 23 (from 26 taken) with David Unsworth
(also from 26) and Trevor Steven (from 29)
- and will a Ružomberok player be red-carded?
- if so, then he will be the 100th
opponent to be dismissed against us in all of our home games
- finally, fingers crossed we build up a big lead
- 3 goals for us against the Slovaks will bring up 50 under Ronald
Koeman at Goodison in all competitions!
- a reminder of some new sections on the site!
- who's managed the most times against Everton?
- who's managed the most clubs against us?!
- well, there's a new 'Opposition
Managers' section that will tell you everything you need to
- the 'Goals
in Most Consecutive Matches' section has been updated!
- it now includes details of which Everton players have scored
in the most successive home & away games too!
- who was the last Everton man to play 50 or more games in a season?
- who has played the most games in one season?!
- the new '50
or More Appearances in a Season' section will tell you!
- on the flip side, which players only ever managed 1 game for
- find out in the new Just
One Appearance section!
- we used 27 different players last season in all competitions
and 19 of them scored a goal
- is that a lot?! how does it compare to other seasons?
- find out in the new 'Number
of Players Used and Goal Scorers - Season-by-Season' section!
- who was the last Everton player to feature in every game in
- have a look at the new Ever
Presents section to find out!
- and how often have we completed League 'doubles' over our opponents
in the past?
- alternatively, how often have we been on the receiving end of
- you can now find out in the new League
Doubles For and Against section
- ever wondered which Everton player has been substituted the
- well, now you can find out - have a look at the new Subbed
Off section for full, fascinating details!
- Ademola Lookman scored on his Everton debut last season
- who else has managed that feat for the club?!
- have a look at the new Scored
on Their Debut section to find out!
- with Wayne Rooney set to return to Everton action, who else
has had 2 separate spells at the club?!
- the new Two
or More Spells at Everton section will tell you!
- new boy Jordan Pickford looks like he'll be our keeper for some
years to come
- but who else has appeared for us between the sticks in the past?!
- the new Goalkeepers
section has all the details!
- and don't forget there's also a new History
In Short section too!
- you can see at a glance how many times we've finished in each
position in the League
- and where exactly we've been knocked out of the various cup
- have a peek!
Notable Forthcoming Anniversaries and Milestones
Phil Jagielka needs 1 more appearance to reach 350
for us in all competitions - so far he's made 330 starts + 19
as a sub
Muhamed Besic needs 2 more appearances to reach 50 for us
in all competitions - he's made 31 starts + 17 as a sub so far
Dates of Birth
Click below for information, erm, about
How Have Everton Performed
Birthday In The Past?
Or On Your Wife's? Or The Cat's?
Click On The Link And Pick A Date!
Appearances, Goals & Clean Sheets
Who Has Played The Most Times For
Who's Scored The Most Goals?
Is Big Dunc Our Most Used Sub Ever?
Click On The Link And Find Out!
When We're Good, We're Good.
When We're Bad, We're Terrible!
What's The Most Goals We've Ever Scored,
Or Conceded, In Any One Match?
Click On The Link To See The Extremes!
Did Over 70,000 People Really Used
And Watch Us At Home?
And What Were Our Smallest Crowds,
Home And Away?
Click On The Link To See The Figures!
Remember 1950-51? We Were
Remember 1984-85? We Were Good!!
Remember 1921-22? Er, No, Thought Not!
Click On The Link And Pick A Season!
Did We Really Once Lose To Glossop?
How Bad Have We Been Against Man Utd
In The Premier League?!
Click On The Link And Pick A Team!
What's Our Best Run Of Victories?
Or Our Worst Run Of Defeats?
What's The Longest We've Gone Without
Defeat? Or Without Winning?
Click On The Link To Reveal The Sequences!
A Whole Variety Of Information!
FA Cup 3rd Round, Opening Day, Christmas,
Easter, Europe, Cup Defeats, Big Matches,
Strange Competitions And More- It's All There!
Click On The Link And Pick A Topic!
About The Site
You are free to copy any of the contents of this website provided that
the use is not for commercial purposes
or for financial gain and that proper acknowledgement is given to Everton
Results. All rights reserved.