NOT THE MOST COMFORTABLE OF WINS AGAINST BURNLEY ...
- ... but yet another Goodison
- that's 8 home League wins on the run now - and that creates
a new Premier League best for us!
- we'd managed 7 on the run twice before - from December
2009 to March 2010
- and again more recently from December
2013 to April 2014
- but 8 is now our club Premier League record!
- we last managed 8 successive home League wins back in the pre-Premier
League era from Jan
to Apr 1990
- and, inevitably, Romelu Lukaku scored yet again!
- Rom is now up to 25 goals for us this season in all competitions
- that's the same as he managed in our last campaign and the most
Lineker's 40 in 1985/86
- he's now up to 67 League goals for us
- that puts him in joint 21st place on our All-Time
League Scoring chart
- he's level with 1910s forward Bobby Parker, the legendary Kevin
Sheedy & 1890/1900s colossus Jack Taylor
- in all competitions, Lukaku has now notched up 86 goals for
- that puts him 1 ahead of 1890s goal-machine Fred Geary
- Rom is in 17th place alone on our All-Time
- and Rom has now scored in 9 successive games at Goodison in
- the last person to score in 9 consecutive Everton home games
was a certain Dixie Dean!
- he achieved the feat over 2 seasons from April to November 1934
- and only Dixie himself has bettered that for us
- he holds the club record with a run of goals in 12 straight
Everton home games
- he achieved that amazing sequence from October
1930 to February 1931!
- just counting League games, Rom has now scored in 8 on the run
- Tommy Johnson was the last player to manage that for us from
to December 1931
- Dixie Dean (Apr-Nov 1934) & Sandy Young (Oct
1906 to Jan 1907) managed it in 9 straight League games
- and Dixie (who else!) holds the record with goals in 11 consecutive
Goodison Park League games
- he did that from October
1930 to February 1931!
- Phil Jagielka scored again too!
- that's goals in 3 successive games for Jags now, all in the
Prem - he's a goal machine!
- he joins a select few who have scored in 3 Everton Prem games
on the run - click
here to see who else
- the last Everton defender to score in 3 consecutive matches
was Dave Watson
- he did it in February-March
1991 and 2 of the 3 games were in FA Cup ties
- the only Everton defender to score in 3 successive League games
was Billy Cook
- that was in December
1938 and 2 of his goals came from the penalty spot
- so, Phil Jagielka is the first Everton defender to score from
open play in 3 straight League games!
- well done to him!
- by the way, Phil is now up to 13 goals for us in the Premier
- he's in joint 31st place on our All-Time
Prem Scoring chart, level with James Beattie & Danny Cadamarteri!
- we've now scored 29 goals in our last 8 Premier League home
- the last time we managed 8 successive home League wins whilst
scoring 26+ goals was back in Jan
- that time round we scored 49 goals in the last 8 games of a
10-match winning League run at Goodison!
- the 3 goals against Burnley also took us up to 41 at home in
the League this season
- that's the most we've managed since
hitting 49 in 1986/87!
- the goal we conceded, incidentally, was the 1,200th
against us in our Premier League history, home & away
- we've now won all of our last 5 Easter matches, by the way -
all at Goodison!
here to see a breakdown of all of our previous Easter outings
- and we continue to like playing our home League games on a Saturday!
- we're unbeaten in our last 11 Saturday Prem games at Goodison
now (W8 D3 L0) & we've won 5 on the run!
- oh, and the win pushed Ronald Koeman up to 2nd place on our
Manager Rankings chart!
- in terms of results, only Howard Kendall in his 1st spell in
charge currently ranks higher than Big Ron
- Gareth Barry was 36 years and 52 days old on the day of the
- his late sub appearance makes him the 23rd
oldest Everton player in all comps, overtaking Phil Neville!
- talking of substitutions, Ross Barkley was taken off against
- that's the 51st time he's been subbed in an EFC League game
- it puts him in 4th place alone, 1 ahead of Steven Pienaar, on
Subbed Off in League Games' chart!
- Leighton Baines made his 369th appearance for the club in the
- that puts him joint 20th on our All-Time
Appearances chart equal with the legendary Kevin Sheedy!
- substitute Gareth Barry, meanwhile, played his 150th game for
us in all competitions
- Phil Jagielka has now moved to 27th place alone on our All-Time
League Apps chart on 285 games
- Phil is 1 game ahead of 1900s half-back Harry Makepeace
- Jags's latest start sees him join David Unsworth on 271
Premier League starts for Everton
- they're now both in joint 4th position on our Premier
League Starts chart
- Romelu Lukaku, on the other hand, made his 150th Everton start
in all competitions, so well done him!
- and so on to West Ham away on April 22nd!
- we've never played the Hammers on that date before - and let's
get the bad news out of the way first!
- in terms of win %, April 22 is the worst date in Everton's calendar!
(including only days on which we've played more than
- we've played 24 times on the date before and won only 4 games
(W4 D12 L8) - a win % of just 16.7%!
- we've drawn our last 3 April 12 games, however - the last one
being the dramatic
4-4 at Man Utd in 2012
- our last win on that date was back in 1967 - 1-0
- we do have a great recent record against West Ham, though!
- in our last 20 meetings home and away in all competitions it
is W12 D7 L1
- in the Premier League, home and away, it's W11 D5 L1 in our
last 16 meetings
- at their place, we're unbeaten in 10 visits in all comps - W7
- in the Prem, we haven't lost in 8 trips - W6 D2 L0
- of course none of those matches took place at their new home
- this will be our first outing there
- Romelu Lukaku loves playing against the Hammers!
- he's scored in 9
successive Everton games against them, home and away in all
- that's every game he's played for us against them, in fact!
- unsurprisingly that's a club record for us against one team
- Dixie Dean managed goals in 7 consecutive Everton games against
Bolton from 1925-28
- and he did the same against Bury from 1927-33
- indeed he scored in 8 games on the bounce that he played in
for us against Bury
- but he did miss one Everton game during that run
- no-one, though - not even Dixie - has done what Rom has done
to West Ham!
- if he plays against the Hammers it will be Leighton Baines 370th
appearance for the club in all competitions
- that will put him in 20th place on his own on our All-Time
Appearances chart 1 ahead of Kevin Sheedy
- it will also be Leighton's 308th League appearance for us
- he'll join Tommy Wright in joint 20th position on our All-Time
League Appearances list
- if Phil Jagielka starts the game it will be his 272nd
Premier League start for Everton
- he'll move ahead of David Unsworth and into 4th position alone
on our Premier
League Starts chart
- and can Romelu Lukaku keep on scoring?!
- as mentioned above, if he does it will be goals for him in 10
successive Everton games against West Ham!
- if Rom does score it will be his 87th goal for us in all competitions
- that would move him into joint 16th place on our All-Time
- he'd be level with the legendary Golden Vision, Alex Young
- it would also be Rom's 68th for us in the League
- that's the same as 1940/50s inside-forward Eddie Wainwright
- they'd be equal in 20th place on our All-Time
League Scoring chart
- if he does score, Rom will be up to 26 goals for us this season
in all competitions
- that would be 1 more than he managed in our last campaign
- and it would be the most since Gary
Lineker's 40 in 1985/86
- and can Phil Jagielka keep his scoring run going?!
- if he does net another one it will mean goals in 4
successive Premier League games for the skipper!
- that would be only the 5th time an Everton player has done that!
- Romelu Lukaku holds the club record with goals in 7 consecutive
Everton Prem matches
- and Rom, Francis Jeffers, Kevin Campbell & Andrei Kanchelskis
all managed a run of 4
- moreover - no Everton defender has ever scored in 4 games on
the run - so what a feat that would be!
- whoever manages it, if we do score against West Ham it will
be our 61st League goal this season
- that would be our equal best (with 2013/14) since the 64 we
scored in 1995/96
- Roger East will be refereeing the game
- we've only lost once with him charge in the past in all competitions
- W5 D3 L1
- in the Premier League, we've never lost at all with him in the
middle - W3 D2 L0!
- his last 3 Everton appointments were all away from home
- and the most recent was our
3-1 win at Aston Villa in March 2016
- East has never awarded a penalty or shown a red card in an Everton
- will that change this time around?!
- if he gives Everton a penalty it will be our 200th
away from home in all competitions in our history
- our record so far is 139 scored and 60 missed or saved
- and if Leighton Baines nets a penalty it will be his 24th spot-kick
success for us
- he'd then move out on his own at the top of our 'Most
Penalties Scored' chart
- he's currently level on 23 (from 26 taken) with David Unsworth
(also from 26) and Trevor Steven (from 29)
- a penalty for West Ham would be the 100th for all of our opponents
in all of our Prem games, home & away
- up until now the opposition have scored 78 and been unsuccessful
- if West Ham score a pen it would be the 300th successful spot-kick
by all oppenents in our League history
- the current position is: scored 299, missed 141 in the 440 League
pens awarded to all of our opponents
- if the Hammers miss one it will be the 100th miss by the opposition
in all of our away League games
- currently our opponents have taken 296, scored 197 and seen
99 missed or saved!
- and if either WHU or us miss one it will be the 150th missed
(by any team) in all of our away League games
- finally, we don't really like playing away in the Prem on a
- our last 8 have seen this record for us: W1 D2 L5
- the only win amongst those 8 was the
1-0 victory at Crystal Palace in January
- there are some new sections (and an updated section) on the
- the 'Goals
in Most Consecutive Matches' section has been updated!
- it now includes details of which Everton players have scored
in the most successive home & away games too!
- who was the last Everton player to feature in every game in
- have a look at the new Ever
Presents section to find out!
- and how often have we completed League 'doubles' over our opponents
in the past?
- alternatively, how often have we been on the receiving end of
- you can now find out in the new League
Doubles For and Against section
- ever wondered which Everton player has been substituted the
- well, now you can find out - have a look at the new Subbed
Off section for full, fascinating details!
- Ademola Lookman scored on his Everton debut earlier this season
- who else has managed that feat for the club?!
- have a look at the new Scored
on Their Debut section to find out!
- and don't forget there's also a new History
In Short section too!
- you can see at a glance how many times we've finished in each
position in the League
- and where exactly we've been knocked out of the various cup
- have a peek!
- and new recruit Ashley Williiams is our latest Number 5
- so why not have a look at all of the previous Evertonians who
for us as a Number 5?!
Notable Forthcoming Anniversaries and Milestones
Leighton Baines needs 1 more start to reach 350 for
us in all competitions - he's currently on 349
Kevin Mirallas needs 1 more start to reach 100 for us in the
Premier League - so far he's made 99
Muhamed Besic needs 2 more appearances to reach 50 for us
in all competitions - he's made 31 starts + 17 as a sub so far
Dates of Birth