THIS IS NOT
Welcome To Yet Another Everton Website!!!
The purpose of this site is to provide a comprehensive record of the results
of all competitive games played by Everton since their formation, together
with details of player appearances and goals.
There are lots of links on the left that break down the information into
different categories (as explained down below) so go ahead and click on
one and see what you get!
The title bar above currently features Howard Kendall and Ted Sagar,
two former Everton legends - one a top midfielder and the most successful
manager in our history, the other one of England's best ever keepers.
Click on their photos to see brief details of their Everton careers and
appearances & goals.
The title bar images will change every so often so that you'll get to
see a whole host of Everton greats throughout the months and years ahead.
Images (and career summaries) of previous weeks' legends can be
seen by clicking the 'Previous Legends' link on the left, where you'll
also find a link to take you to details of the less-than-legendary donkeys
like Claus Thomsen who have 'starred' in the 'Apart From ...' feature!
I Suppose It's Progress To Be Disappointed With A Draw At
- ... it was the end of our 3
match winning run in the Premier League
- but it does mean we've now gone 4 Prem games without defeat
- W3 D1 L0
- strangely, we've also led 1-0 at half-time in all of those 4
- and we've also now lost 0 of the last 30 Prem games in which
we've led at half-time - W25 D5 L0
- Aaron Lennon's goal at Swansea was our 6,800th in the Top Flight,
by the way
- and the 1-1 result at Swansea brought to an end a run of 10
away League games for us without a draw
- that was the longest run of that type that we've had since a
14 game run from Feb-Dec 2005
- and we still haven't lost in the League to the Swans - W13 D7
- at their place our League record is now W8 D2 L0!
- on the other hand, our record in 12.45pm kick-offs continues
to be poor!
- we've won 0 of the last 7 (W0 D3 L4) at all venues
- and away from home the record in our last 11 games starting
at that time is W1 D2 L8
- oh, and we don't like Michael Oliver refereeing us!
- we've won just 1 of our last 9 games with him in the middle
- W1 D5 L3
- away from home it's 0 of the last 6 - W0 D4 L2
- Kevin Mirallas made his 100th appearance in all competitions
for us against Swansea - congrats to him!
- Leon Osman, meanwhile, made his 412th - even if it was a short
- he's now 1 ahead of TE Jones and alone in 12th place on our
- Leighton Baines, by the way, is now up to joint 28th with Sandy
Young on 314 on that list
- in League games, Tim Howard has now played 323 times for us
- that puts him in 16th place on his own and 1 ahead of Graeme
Sharp on our All-Time
League Apps chart
- Phil Jagielka is equal with Bob Latchford on 236 in joint 47th
place on that same list
- and Leighton Baines is in 36th place on 258, 1 game behind Johnny
- in terms of starts, Tim is now up to 383 for us in all
- he's now equal with Colin Harvey in 16th position on our All-Time
- Leighton Baines is level in 34th with Jock Thomson on 296, 1
more than Phil Neville and Trevor Steven
- and Phil Jagielka is equal with Alex Young and Jock Maconnachie
on 270 in 49th place
- and yet again John Stones of course failed to score!
- that's now 32 starts for us in the Premier League without a
- he's in joint 6th place with Li Tie on our Premier
League Starts With No Goals chart
- and so on to Burnley at home on April 18th
- it will be our 100th Top Flight meeting with them, the 50th
at our place
- we've played the Clarets twice on that date before - in successive
seasons back in the 1930s
- we won
3-0 at home in 1930 and 3-2
at home in 1931
- we're unbeaten in our last 3 outings on April 18th - W3 D1 L0
- the last one was this
1-1 draw at home to Leicester in 1998
- our last April 18th win was in
1992, 1-0 at Coventry
- and our last home win was 4-1
against Middlesbrough in 1981
- our overall home record on April 18th is W8 D4 L1
- the one loss came in our first ever outing on that date - a
5-2 home defeat by Bolton in 1892!
- we've won our last 2 encounters with Burnley
- the last one was the
3-1 win at their place in October, with Samuel Eto'o's double
- our last meeting at Goodison ended 2-0
in our favour in December 2009, thanks to 2 late goals
- our last home defeat to Burnley was back
in early 1976 when we lost 3-2
- the game will be Roberto's 90th game in charge of us in all
- he's 3rd on our Managers'
Ranking list with a record of W40 D24 L25 - F140 A107
- a win against Burnley would be our 5th in a row at home in all
- the last time we managed that was a year ago, back in April
- and if we avoid defeat it will be 10 games in a row unbeaten
for us at home in all games
- the last time that happened was December
- that was part of a 14 match run that had started in March the
- a clean sheet, meanwhile, would be our 3rd in a row at home
in the Prem
- that would be the first time we've achieved that since September
- that was part of a 7 game run that had started in March the
- a defeat, on the other hand, would be our 13th League loss this
- that would be our worst total since the 16 defeats we suffered
in the 2005/06
- but we're kicking off at home at 3.00pm on a Saturday - and
that is good news!
- our last Saturday 3.00pm defeat at Goodison was against
QPR way back in August 2011
- since then we've had 32 home games kicking off on a Saturday
at 3.00pm and lost 0 of them!
- that's a run of W23 D9 L0
- indeed the run is W24 D9 L0 if we include the delayed FAC 3.10pm
kick-off win v QPR in Jan 2014!
- a red card for either Everton or Burnley would be the 300th
sending-off in all Everton games ever
- however, there's only ever been 1 sending-off in all meetings
between the clubs
- that was Burnley's Stephen Jordan at
Goodison in December 2009
- if he plays against Burnley it will be Leighton Baines 315th
appearance for us in all competitions
- that would put him level with Johnny Morrissey in 27th place
on our All-Time
- and, incidentally, both Baines and Morrissey would have 259
League appearances for us
- they'd be joint 35th on All-Time
League Appearances chart
- if Phil Jagielka plays, he'll be up to 237 League appearances
for us, 1 more than Bob Latchford
- in terms of Premier League appearances for us, if they play
- it will be Steven Naismith's 90th Prem game for us - the same
as Paul Gerrard and Joe Parkinson
- it will be Romelu Lukaku's 62nd, the same as Stuart Barlow
- it will be Gareth Barry's 60th, the same as Richard Wright and
- and it will be James McCarthy's 57th, the same as Peter Beagrie
- if Tim Howard starts against Burnley it will take him
to 384 for us in all competitions
- that will be 1 more than Colin Harvey managed
- Leighton Baines, meantime, if he starts, will move to 297 starts
for us in all games
- that will be the same number that Tony Hibbert is currently
- finally, Mike Jones will be refereeing the game against the
- he's reffed us 7 times before at Goodison, and we've never lost
- W3 D4 L0
- there's new section on
- click to discover information about, and a list of, all the
Everton Number 9's in our history
Notable Forthcoming Anniversaries and Milestones
Click below for information, erm, about
How Have Everton Performed
Birthday In The Past?
Or On Your Wife's? Or The Cat's?
Click On The Link And Pick A Date!
Appearances, Goals & Clean Sheets
Who Has Played The Most Times For
Who's Scored The Most Goals?
Is Big Dunc Our Most Used Sub Ever?
Click On The Link And Find Out!
When We're Good, We're Good.
When We're Bad, We're Terrible!
What's The Most Goals We've Ever Scored,
Or Conceded, In Any One Match?
Click On The Link To See The Extremes!
Did Over 70,000 People Really Used
And Watch Us At Home?
And What Were Our Smallest Crowds,
Home And Away?
Click On The Link To See The Figures!
Remember 1950-51? We Were
Remember 1984-85? We Were Good!!
Remember 1921-22? Er, No, Thought Not!
Click On The Link And Pick A Season!
Did We Really Once Lose To Glossop?
How Bad Have We Been Against Man Utd
In The Premier League?!
Click On The Link And Pick A Team!
What's Our Best Run Of Victories?
Or Our Worst Run Of Defeats?
What's The Longest We've Gone Without
Defeat? Or Without Winning?
Click On The Link To Reveal The Sequences!
A Whole Variety Of Information!
FA Cup 3rd Round, Opening Day, Christmas,
Easter, Europe, Cup Defeats, Big Matches,
Strange Competitions And More- It's All There!
Click On The Link And Pick A Topic!
About The Site
You are free to copy any of the contents of this website provided that
the use is not for commercial purposes
or for financial gain and that proper acknowledgement is given to Everton
Results. All rights reserved.