THIS IS NOT
Welcome To Yet Another Everton Website!!!
The purpose of this site is to provide a comprehensive record of the results
of all competitive games played by Everton since their formation, together
with details of player appearances and goals.
There are lots of links on the left that break down the information into
different categories (as explained down below) so go ahead and click on
one and see what you get!
The title bar above currently features Howard Kendall and Ted Sagar,
two former Everton legends - one a top midfielder and the most successful
manager in our history, the other one of England's best ever keepers.
Click on their photos to see brief details of their Everton careers and
appearances & goals.
The title bar images will change every so often so that you'll get to
see a whole host of Everton greats throughout the months and years ahead.
Images (and career summaries) of previous weeks' legends can be
seen by clicking the 'Previous Legends' link on the left, where you'll
also find a link to take you to details of the less-than-legendary donkeys
like Claus Thomsen who have 'starred' in the 'Apart From ...' feature!
Still Unbeaten Under Ronald ...
- ... and indeed undefeated in
all 4 games since Roberto Martinez left!
- but let's interrupt things here to mention exciting book news!
- the second edition of my "Everton: The Official Complete
Record" will be published in October!!
- find out more details on deCoubertin's
website - they are the wonderful publishers
- buy one for yourself, one for each of your friends and one for
every memeber of your family!
- you know it makes sense!
- back to the Yeovil match!
- we'd never played the Glovers before
- they became the 145th
different opponents in our history, the 139th at our place
- Arouna Koné scored his 9th and 10th goals for the club
- but they were his first for us in the League Cup
- not including own goals, we've now had 117 different scorers
in that competition in our history!
- there were a number of Everton League Cup debuts against Yeovil:
- Maarten Stekelenburg, Mason Holgate, Idrissa Gueye, Ashley Williams
and Yannick Bolasie to be exact!
- we've now had 298 different players turning out for us in that
- it's Stoke City at home in the Premier League next on August
- we won on our last August 27 outing - 1-0
at Blackburn in 2011
- Mikel Arteta netted a 92nd minute penalty after Blackburn had
missed 2 of their own!
- we've played Stoke just once in that date in the past - winning
1-0 at home in 1983
- and perhaps our most famous August 27 match came in 1988
- Tony Cottee scored a hat-trick on his debut in our opening day
win against Newcastle
- we won 3-0 the last time we played Stoke - at
the Britannia last February
- but that was our only win in our last 5 meetings, home and away
- W1 D1 L3
- at Goodison, Stoke have won on each of their last 2 visits
- the last one was the stupid
3-4 game last December
- our last home victory against the Potters was a 4-0
win in November 2013
- 1 goal conceded this time round would be Stoke's 50th in the
League against us at our place
- if he plays against Stoke it will be Phil Jagielka's 266th League
appearance for us
- he'd move to 34th place alone on our All-Time
League Appearances list, 1 ahead of Tony Hibbert
- and he'd be 5th alone, also 1 ahead of Hibbo, on our All-Time
Premier League Appearances chart
- if Ross Barkley plays he'll be up to 117th Premier League games
- Ross would be in 31st place alone on that Prem chart, 1 ahead
of Nick Barmby and James McFadden
- if he does play it will also be Ross's 51st
consecutive appearance in the Premier League
- that would equal our 11th longest run, achieved by Leighton
Baines in May 2012-November 2013
- if he starts against Stoke it will be Phil Jagielka's
308th start for us in all competitions
- he'd move to joint 29th place on our All-Time
Starts list, level with 1920s/30s full-back Warney Cresswell
- it would also be Jags' 254th League start
- putting him level with Roger Kenyon in joint 38th place on our
League Starts chart
- and if Gareth Barry starts against the Potters it will be his
League start for us!
- if Romelu Lukaku scores against Stoke it will be his 62nd goal
for us in all competitions
- that would put him equal 37th with 1890s winger Alex Latta on
- it would also be his 44th for us in the League - the same as
Jimmy Husband and Leon Osman managed
- they'd all be joint 44th on our All-Time
League Scoring list
- and Rom and Ossie would be joint 4th on our Premier
League scoring chart
- if Kevin Mirallas scores against Stoke he'll move to joint 9th
on that Prem list
- Kev would be level with Mikel Arteta and Louis Saha on 27 Prem
- Michael Oliver will referee the Stoke game
- he's sent 4 players off in the past in Everton games - 1 of
ours and 3 opponents
- if he red-cards a Stoke player this time round...
- ... it would be the 50th opposition player to be sent off in
the Premier League at Goodison
- if an Everton player is dismissed it would be our 50th sending-off
in our League history at our ground
- however, there have only ever been 2 sendings-off in Everton/Stoke
fixtures - both of them Stoke players!
- the first was Ted"Jammer" Evans in November
1892 and the other George Berry in December
- if we score a penalty against Stoke it would be our 250th successful
home League penalty!
- so far in our home League history we've scored 249 of the 355
awarded (not including penalty shoot-outs)
- a draw against Stoke would be the 1,300th,
at all venues, in our competitive history
- and finally, Gareth Barry will be 35 years and 186 days old
on the day of the Stoke game
- if he plays, he'll become the 25th
oldest player in our League history
- and finally, new recruit Ashley Williiams is our latest Number
- why not have a look at all of the previous Evertonians who have
for us as a Number 5
Notable Forthcoming Anniversaries and Milestones
Gareth Barry needs 1 more Premier League start to reach 100
for us - he's currently on 99
Kevin Mirallas needs 2 more starts to reach 100 for us in
all competitions - he's on 98 at the moment
Muhamed Besic needs 2 more appearances to reach 50 for us
in all competitions - he's made 31 starts + 17 as a sub so far
Dates of Birth
Click below for information, erm, about
How Have Everton Performed
Birthday In The Past?
Or On Your Wife's? Or The Cat's?
Click On The Link And Pick A Date!
Appearances, Goals & Clean Sheets
Who Has Played The Most Times For
Who's Scored The Most Goals?
Is Big Dunc Our Most Used Sub Ever?
Click On The Link And Find Out!
When We're Good, We're Good.
When We're Bad, We're Terrible!
What's The Most Goals We've Ever Scored,
Or Conceded, In Any One Match?
Click On The Link To See The Extremes!
Did Over 70,000 People Really Used
And Watch Us At Home?
And What Were Our Smallest Crowds,
Home And Away?
Click On The Link To See The Figures!
Remember 1950-51? We Were
Remember 1984-85? We Were Good!!
Remember 1921-22? Er, No, Thought Not!
Click On The Link And Pick A Season!
Did We Really Once Lose To Glossop?
How Bad Have We Been Against Man Utd
In The Premier League?!
Click On The Link And Pick A Team!
What's Our Best Run Of Victories?
Or Our Worst Run Of Defeats?
What's The Longest We've Gone Without
Defeat? Or Without Winning?
Click On The Link To Reveal The Sequences!
A Whole Variety Of Information!
FA Cup 3rd Round, Opening Day, Christmas,
Easter, Europe, Cup Defeats, Big Matches,
Strange Competitions And More- It's All There!
Click On The Link And Pick A Topic!
About The Site
You are free to copy any of the contents of this website provided that
the use is not for commercial purposes
or for financial gain and that proper acknowledgement is given to Everton
Results. All rights reserved.