Welcome To Yet Another Everton Website!!!
The purpose of this site is to provide a comprehensive record of the results
of all competitive games played by Everton since their formation, together
with details of player appearances and goals.
There are lots of links on the left that break down the information into
different categories (as explained down below) so go ahead and click on
one and see what you get!
The title bar above currently features Tommy "TG" Jones and
Colin Harvey, two former Everton legends - one a defender, one a midfielder
- both graceful, classy and the epitome of what Everton is all about.
Click on their photos to see brief details of their Everton careers and
appearances & goals.
The title bar images will change every so often so that you'll get to
see a whole host of Everton greats throughout the months and years ahead.
Images (and career summaries) of previous weeks' legends can be
seen by clicking the 'Previous Legends' link on the left, where you'll
also find a link to take you to details of the less-than-legendary donkeys
like Claus Thomsen who have 'starred' in the 'Apart From ...' feature!
Bugger Off, Will Ya, Palace ...
- ... they obviously hadn't read
the script - our season was supposed to be up-and-running!
- we've only lost at home 3-2 in successive seasons to the same
team on one previous occasion
- that was way back in 1924-25/25-26 when Arsenal did the deed
- at least we're getting to see goals, though, when Everton play!
- we've had 29 now, for and against, in our first 6 games of the
- we've only had more than that twice before in our history
- 30 in 1894/95
and 37 in 1893/94
- the 14 goals we've conceded in those 6 games is our worst 6-game
start since 15 in 1994/95
- whereas the 15 we've scored is our best 6-game total since we
managed the same amount in 1978/79
- we've also now scored at least 2 goals in all of our first 6
games of the season
- the last time that happened was 1938/39
- the best run before that was 7 games in 1936/37
- our best ever such run was a remarkable 16 matches in 1894/95
- overall we've now scored 651 home goals in the Premier League
and 1,101 home and away
- we've also now scored in 13 consecutive Premier League games
- our longest home Prem run is 19 (August 1995 to August 1996)
and our 2nd best is 14 (on 3 occasions)
- we're also now up to 299 defeats in our Premier League history,
by the way
- and it's currently 4 League home games without a win for us
- it was our 40th meeting with Crystal Palace and the 20th at
- and our home Premier League record against the Eagles is now
a very poor W2 D0 L4
- in terms of points per game, there are only 4 teams against
whom we have a
worse home Prem record!
- the Palace game was Roberto Martinez's 50th game in charge of
- the defeat was his 10th in the League and his overall record
in all matches is W27 D11 L12
- remarkably, that's exactly the same record that Harry Catterick
achieved in his 1st 50 games as EFC boss
- Gordon Lee is the only other EFC manager whose starting record
compares to those 2 - his was W24 D18 L8
- the Palace defeat does, however, drop Bobby down to 2nd on our
Managers' Rankings chart
- Christian Atsu and Samuel Eto'o both made their first starts
for the club against Palace
- we've now had 848 starters in our competitive history; 828 in
the League and 173 in the Premier League
- Leon Osman, on the other hand, made his 337th start for us in
- he's now up to 22nd place on our All-Time
- Tim Howard is 20th on that list with 353 and Leighton Baines
joint 50th on 269
- in terms of Everton appearances (starts plus subs), Ossie
is now up to 392 in all games
- he's in 16th position on our All-Time
- Tim Howard is 21st on that list with 353 games, Bainesy is 43rd
- and Phil Jagielka is level in 60th place with Alan Ball and
Sandy Brown on 251 EFC appearances
- in the Premier League, Leon Osman has now made 325 appearances
- he's way ahead at the top of our All-Time
Premier League Appearances chart
- Tim Howard is now joint 2nd on that chart with David Unsworth
- both are on 302
- whereas Leighton Baines is 7th on 236
- and, further down the list, Steven Naismith is level with Jeffers
and Rooney on 67 in joint 56th place
- Leighton Baines scored his 30th goal for the club in the Palace
game - and his 22nd in the Prem
- he's now equal 13th with Graham Stuart on our Premier
League Scorers chart
- Romelu Lukaku is up to joint 19th on that list, level with Victor
Anichebe & Andy Johnson on 17 goals
- it's Swansea away next in the League Cup on September 23rd
- it'll be our 80th away game in that competition
- we've never played Swansea on that date before - and we've never
played them in the League Cup either
- but our last two Sep 23 wins have both been in the League Cup
away in 2009 was the last one
- famously, we've never lost to Swansea. Not ever.
- that's a W15 D5 L0 record for us home and away in all meetings
- with 48 scored and 16 conceded
- at their place we've met 9 times before and our record there
is an amazing W8 D1 L0
- our last visit saw us win
2-1 last December in the League
- no wonder then that Swansea are our favourite
- (counting only those teams that we've visited more than twice)
- at all venues, including only those teams we've met 5 or more
times, they are our 3rd
- strangely, only 2 players have scored more than 2 goals in total
against us in the League Cup
- Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink and Alan Sunderland both top that particular
list with 3 goals each
- and, as I keep saying, if
one of our players who've never scored for us manages to find
the net at Swansea
- then they will become the 500th different scorer in our history
(not including own goals)
- so that could be Atsu ... or Besic ... or Stones ... or, gulp,
Tony Hibbert .....
Notable Forthcoming Anniversaries and Milestones
Phil Jagielka needs 2 more
starts to reach 200 for us in the Premier League - he's currently
Seamus Coleman needs 2 more appearance to reach 150 for us
in all competitions - so far he's made 124 starts and 24 as a
Dates of Birth
Click below for information, erm, about
How Have Everton Performed
Birthday In The Past?
Or On Your Wife's? Or The Cat's?
Click On The Link And Pick A Date!
Appearances, Goals & Clean Sheets
Who Has Played The Most Times For
Who's Scored The Most Goals?
Is Big Dunc Our Most Used Sub Ever?
Click On The Link And Find Out!
When We're Good, We're Good.
When We're Bad, We're Terrible!
What's The Most Goals We've Ever Scored,
Or Conceded, In Any One Match?
Click On The Link To See The Extremes!
Did Over 70,000 People Really Used
And Watch Us At Home?
And What Were Our Smallest Crowds,
Home And Away?
Click On The Link To See The Figures!
Remember 1950-51? We Were
Remember 1984-85? We Were Good!!
Remember 1921-22? Er, No, Thought Not!
Click On The Link And Pick A Season!
Did We Really Once Lose To Glossop?
How Bad Have We Been Against Man Utd
In The Premier League?!
Click On The Link And Pick A Team!
What's Our Best Run Of Victories?
Or Our Worst Run Of Defeats?
What's The Longest We've Gone Without
Defeat? Or Without Winning?
Click On The Link To Reveal The Sequences!
A Whole Variety Of Information!
FA Cup 3rd Round, Opening Day, Christmas,
Easter, Europe, Cup Defeats, Big Matches,
Strange Competitions And More- It's All There!
Click On The Link And Pick A Topic!
About The Site
You are free to copy any of the contents of this website provided that
the use is not for commercial purposes
or for financial gain and that proper acknowledgement is given to Everton
Results. All rights reserved.