Welcome To Yet Another Everton Website!!!
The purpose of this site is to provide a comprehensive record of the results
of all competitive games played by Everton since their formation, together
with details of player appearances and goals.
There are lots of links on the left that break down the information into
different categories (as explained down below) so go ahead and click on
one and see what you get!
The title bar above currently features Tommy "TG" Jones and
Colin Harvey, two former Everton legends - one a defender, one a midfielder
- both graceful, classy and the epitome of what Everton is all about.
Click on their photos to see brief details of their Everton careers and
appearances & goals.
The title bar images will change every so often so that you'll get to
see a whole host of Everton greats throughout the months and years ahead.
Images (and career summaries) of previous weeks' legends can be
seen by clicking the 'Previous Legends' link on the left, where you'll
also find a link to take you to details of the less-than-legendary donkeys
like Claus Thomsen who have 'starred' in the 'Apart From ...' feature!
So, Here We Go Again! ...
- .... it'll be our 117th League
- our 113th in the Top Flight (the 61st in succession) and our
23rd in the Premier League
- and where will I be for the first 2 games? In Spain. Don't even
- so here is a preview of both of our opening matches
- with the site to be updated again some time after the Arsenal
- first up is Leicester on August 16th
- we've had 7 previous outings on that date and we have a W0 D1
L4 record in the last 5
- the most recent one was this
3-2 home defeat to Blackburn in 2008
- our last win on that date was way back in 1972 - a
1-0 victory at Man City
- it'll be our 100th meeting in all competitions with Leicester
- get your money on a draw ...
- ... in our 16 previous Premier League encounters we have a W4
D11 L1 record
- although ... we've currently gone 19 matches without a draw
in all games against all opponents
- that's a W12 D0 L7 record
- we haven't gone that long without a draw since March
- that was part of a 23 match spell without drawing!
- not as long as our record run, though, which was a 26 game span
ending in October 1958
- our last game with Leicester ended 1-1
at their place in March 2004
- Wayne Rooney scored for us and soon-to-be Everton player Marcus
Bent equalised in injury time
- the game was, however, overshadowed by the tragic death of Everton
fan Bernard Murphy
- Bernard was killed on his way to the ground by flying debris
in high winds
- spare a thought for his family on Saturday
- our last win at Leicester, by the way, came via the late Gary
Speed's last minute penalty in
- the Leicester game is, of course, our first match of the season
- we've drawn one and won one of our last
2 season openers
- but we lost all of the previous 4, giving us a 1-1-4 recent
- our last away win in our first game came in 2001 with a
2-1 win at Charlton
- we kick-off at Leicester at 3.00pm, which is good news.
- ... because we've won all of our last 8 matches that kicked-off
at the time!
- it's actually only 6 if you don't count 2 games from last season
that form part of that stat
- first, the 3.07pm start at Sunderland last April that marked
the 25th anniversary of the Hillsborough tragedy
- second, the FA Cup game with QPR last January that had a delayed
- the picture is even better if we look at just 3.00pm kick-offs
on a Saturday
- we've won 9 on the run at that start time/day combination
- and we have a 13-4-0 record in the last 17 such outings
- in fact the winning run stands at 12 if you remove the draw
at Crystal Palace in Nov 2013
- that had a scheduled 3.00pm kick-off but was delayed to 3.15pm
- and the run is 10 if you also don't count the Sunderland and
QPR matches mentioned above
- aren't statistics confusing?!
- if Seamus Coleman starts at Leicester it'll be his 100th Premier
League start for us
- and Sylvain Distin will be 36 years and 243 days old on the
day of the match
- if he plays he'll become the 15th
oldest Everton player ever
- if he plays a week later against Arsenal he'll be the 14th oldest!
- there have been 5
sendings-off in previous Everton-Leicester matches
- and, curiously, all 5 were Everton players!
- Big Dunc (twice), Vinny Samways, Colin Harvey and Dave Hickson
were the bad boys in question
- our second game of the season is the Goodison Park curtain-raiser
with Arsenal on August 23rd
- we have a W4 D1 L1 record in our last 6 outings on that date
- the defeat came in our last Aug 23 game - 1-0
at Burnley in 2009
- our last win came the year before that in a 2-1
victory at West Brom
- we've had 2 previous Aug 23 run-outs with Arsenal - and lost
at home in 1995 and 1-0
at Highbury in 1977
- it'll be our 203rd meeting with Arsenal in all competitions
- that makes it our 3rd most played fixture - after Liverpool
(222) and Aston Villa (216)
- a defeat this time round would be our 100th against the Gunners
home and away in all competitions
- counting only those teams we've played against more than 4 times
- ... Arsenal are our least
- more positively, our last meeting was last
season's 3-0 hammering of them in April
- so far Everton have had 864 players in their competitive history,
846 of whom have started a game
- in League games only the totals are 847 and 826 - in the Premier
League it's 187 and 171
- will those figures change?
- not long now until we find out!
- to end with, a reminder of last season's headline stats:
- 21 Premier League wins
- that's our best ever in the Prem and the most since the 26 we
achieved in 1986/87
- that was a 42-game season, by the way
- 13 home Premier League wins
- that's our record Prem total and the most since the 14 we achieved
- 72 League points
- that's our best total in the Premier League and the most since
the 86 we racked up in 1986/87
- and that was in 42 games
- 42 home League points
- that equals our Prem record, achieved the
- and it's the best since 1989/90
when we managed 45
- 61 goals scored in the Premier League
- that's our best since the 64 we reached in 1995/96
- 38 home League goals scored
- that's our best ever Prem total, beating the 36 we scored at
Goodison in 1999/00
- and it's the most since the 40 we notched at Goodison in 1989/90
- 16 goals in all competitions for Romelu Lukaku
- that's the best since Yakubu's 21 in 2007/08
- 15 League goals for Rom
- that equals the Yak's total in 2007/08
- and is the most since Andrei Kanchelskis hit 16 in 1995/96
- it also takes Rom level with Wayne Rooney in 23rd place on our
Prem Scorers' chart
- 15 clean sheets in
- that equals our 2nd best ever haul in the Premier League
- the best we've ever achieved is 17
Prem clean sheets, back in 2008/09
- an average home League attendance of 37,732
- that's up on last season's 36,356 and our highest since 2003/04
when we averaged 38,837
- not a bad first campaign under Roberto Martinez's guidance,
- let's hope for even more improvement in his second
Notable Forthcoming Anniversaries and Milestones
Seamus Coleman needs 1 more
start to reach 100 for us in the Prem - so far he's on 99
Dates of Birth
Click below for information, erm, about
How Have Everton Performed
Birthday In The Past?
Or On Your Wife's? Or The Cat's?
Click On The Link And Pick A Date!
Appearances, Goals & Clean Sheets
Who Has Played The Most Times For
Who's Scored The Most Goals?
Is Big Dunc Our Most Used Sub Ever?
Click On The Link And Find Out!
When We're Good, We're Good.
When We're Bad, We're Terrible!
What's The Most Goals We've Ever Scored,
Or Conceded, In Any One Match?
Click On The Link To See The Extremes!
Did Over 70,000 People Really Used
And Watch Us At Home?
And What Were Our Smallest Crowds,
Home And Away?
Click On The Link To See The Figures!
Remember 1950-51? We Were
Remember 1984-85? We Were Good!!
Remember 1921-22? Er, No, Thought Not!
Click On The Link And Pick A Season!
Did We Really Once Lose To Glossop?
How Bad Have We Been Against Man Utd
In The Premier League?!
Click On The Link And Pick A Team!
What's Our Best Run Of Victories?
Or Our Worst Run Of Defeats?
What's The Longest We've Gone Without
Defeat? Or Without Winning?
Click On The Link To Reveal The Sequences!
A Whole Variety Of Information!
FA Cup 3rd Round, Opening Day, Christmas,
Easter, Europe, Cup Defeats, Big Matches,
Strange Competitions And More- It's All There!
Click On The Link And Pick A Topic!
About The Site
You are free to copy any of the contents of this website provided that
the use is not for commercial purposes
or for financial gain and that proper acknowledgement is given to Everton
Results. All rights reserved.