THIS IS NOT
Welcome To Yet Another Everton Website!!!
The purpose of this site is to provide a comprehensive record of the results
of all competitive games played by Everton since their formation, together
with details of player appearances and goals.
There are lots of links on the left that break down the information into
different categories (as explained down below) so go ahead and click on
one and see what you get!
The title bar above currently features Howard Kendall and Ted Sagar,
two former Everton legends - one a top midfielder and the most successful
manager in our history, the other one of England's best ever keepers.
Click on their photos to see brief details of their Everton careers and
appearances & goals.
The title bar images will change every so often so that you'll get to
see a whole host of Everton greats throughout the months and years ahead.
Images (and career summaries) of previous weeks' legends can be
seen by clicking the 'Previous Legends' link on the left, where you'll
also find a link to take you to details of the less-than-legendary donkeys
like Claus Thomsen who have 'starred' in the 'Apart From ...' feature!
The Season Ends, Fittingly, With A Whimper ...
- ... we've now lost 3 on the
run against Tottenham, home and away
- and we've won 0 of our last 5 meetings with them - W0 D2 L3
- on a points per game basis, they are now our
4th worst opponents, home & away, in the Premier League
- only against Chelsea, Man Utd and Arsenal have we fared worse
- and strangely our Prem records against Spurs and Chelsea are
- W8 D16 L22 against both - F46 A66 v Spurs; F47 A71 v Chelsea
- a couple of 'first-half' stats from the Spurs game ...
- prior to Harry Kane's goal, we hadn't conceded a first-half
goal at Goodison in 9 Prem matches!
- and we've now lost all of our last 12 Premier League games that
we've been behind in at half-time
- we finished the season, disappointingly, with 2 successive home
- and we won just 1 of our last 4 games - W1 D0 L4
- and the defeat to Spurs spoilt our very good recent record in
the final League game of the season
- in the last 8 seasons it now looks like this: W6 D0 L2
- so, we finish the 2014/15 Premier League season with these startling
- final position, 11th - our lowest since we also finished 11th
- league points, 47 - our fewest since 39 in 2003/04
- league wins, 12 - our fewest since the 9 we managed in that
- home league wins, 7 - our worst total since the 6 we managed
- league defeats, 15 - the most since the 16 we suffered when
we last finished 11th in 2005/06
- league goals conceded, 50 - the most since we shipped 57 in
- and despite all of that, we ended the campaign with an average
home League attendance of 38,406
- that's our highest since the very poor 2003/04 season when we
finished 17th and yet averaged 38,837!
- what is it about disappointing seasons that drags more of us
to Goodison Park every other week?!!
- Tim Howard made his 389th appearance for us in all competitions
- he's in 17th place on our All-Time
Appearances chart, 1 ahead of Colin Harvey
- Phil Jagielka is joint 40th on that chart now, level with Gary
Stevens on 293
- it was also Jags's 242nd Prem appearance for us - that's the
same that Phil Neville got to for Everton
- they are both in equal 6th place on our Premier
League Appearances chart
- elsewhere on that list:
- Sylvain Distin made his 174th (and final!) Prem appearance for
- he finishes in joint 15th place with Mikel Arteta
- Steven Naismith is joint 43rd with Danny Cadamarteri on 93
- Ross Barkley is level with James Beattie in 53rd position on
76 Prem games for us
- Romelu Lukaku is in joint 59th place with Francis Jeffers &
Wayne Rooney on 67
- and James McCarthy is equal with Stuart Barlow on 62 in joint
- in terms of starts, Tim Howard is now up to 389 for us
- he's 15th on our All-Time
Starts chart - with 1 more than John Hurst
- and Steven Naismith's latest substitute appearance was his 48th
for us from the bench
- he's 8th on our All-Time
Substitutes list - just 1 behind James Vaughan now
- Tim Howard was 36 years and 79 days old on the day of the Tottenham
- he is 19th
oldest player to appear for us in the League, the 21st in
- Sylvain Distin's final appearance for us, meanwhile, came at
the age of 37 years and 159 days
- he ends his Everton career as our 11th oldest player (both in
the League and in all competitions)
- and that's it for this season - many thanks for tuning in!
- I'll be back next season, of course, with at least one new section
on the website
- and in the meantime I'll be tweeting
Everton-related nonsense throughout the close season
- have a look!
- bye for now!
Notable Forthcoming Anniversaries and Milestones
Leighton Baines needs 2 more starts
to reach 250 for us in the Prem - so far he's made 248
Steven Naismith needs 2 more starts to reach 50 for us
in the Premier League - he's currently on 48
Dates of Birth
Click below for information, erm, about
How Have Everton Performed
Birthday In The Past?
Or On Your Wife's? Or The Cat's?
Click On The Link And Pick A Date!
Appearances, Goals & Clean Sheets
Who Has Played The Most Times For
Who's Scored The Most Goals?
Is Big Dunc Our Most Used Sub Ever?
Click On The Link And Find Out!
When We're Good, We're Good.
When We're Bad, We're Terrible!
What's The Most Goals We've Ever Scored,
Or Conceded, In Any One Match?
Click On The Link To See The Extremes!
Did Over 70,000 People Really Used
And Watch Us At Home?
And What Were Our Smallest Crowds,
Home And Away?
Click On The Link To See The Figures!
Remember 1950-51? We Were
Remember 1984-85? We Were Good!!
Remember 1921-22? Er, No, Thought Not!
Click On The Link And Pick A Season!
Did We Really Once Lose To Glossop?
How Bad Have We Been Against Man Utd
In The Premier League?!
Click On The Link And Pick A Team!
What's Our Best Run Of Victories?
Or Our Worst Run Of Defeats?
What's The Longest We've Gone Without
Defeat? Or Without Winning?
Click On The Link To Reveal The Sequences!
A Whole Variety Of Information!
FA Cup 3rd Round, Opening Day, Christmas,
Easter, Europe, Cup Defeats, Big Matches,
Strange Competitions And More- It's All There!
Click On The Link And Pick A Topic!
About The Site
You are free to copy any of the contents of this website provided that
the use is not for commercial purposes
or for financial gain and that proper acknowledgement is given to Everton
Results. All rights reserved.