THIS IS NOT
Welcome To Yet Another Everton Website!!!
The purpose of this site is to provide a comprehensive record of the results
of all competitive games played by Everton since their formation, together
with details of player appearances and goals.
There are lots of links on the left that break down the information into
different categories (as explained down below) so go ahead and click on
one and see what you get!
The title bar above currently features Howard Kendall and Ted Sagar,
two former Everton legends - one a top midfielder and the most successful
manager in our history, the other one of England's best ever keepers.
Click on their photos to see brief details of their Everton careers and
appearances & goals.
The title bar images will change every so often so that you'll get to
see a whole host of Everton greats throughout the months and years ahead.
Images (and career summaries) of previous weeks' legends can be
seen by clicking the 'Previous Legends' link on the left, where you'll
also find a link to take you to details of the less-than-legendary donkeys
like Claus Thomsen who have 'starred' in the 'Apart From ...' feature!
Another Poor Performance Against Man U - But A Better Result
- ... it's now 4 Premier League
games without a win for us - W0 D2 L2
- and it's just 1 victory in our last 9 Prem matches - W1 D4 L4
- and 1 our last 10 games in all competitions - W1 D4 L5
- but at least our unbeaten home League run now stretches to 10
- we haven't achieved that since a 17 match run from December
2012 - December 2013
- the draw with Yernited also ended our 3 game losing streak against
them in all competitions
- we were behind at half-time, of course
- our record in our last 15 home games in all competitions when
the oppo have led at the break is W0 D3 L12!
- home an away, the last 17 times we've been behind at half-time
our record (in all games) is W0 D2 L15
- that's very poor!
- Leighton Baines netted the late equaliser against Man Utd from
the penalty spot
- he's now scored 22 of his 25 penalties for the club (16 from
18 in the League)
- only David Unsworth (23 from 26) and Trevor Steven (23 from
29) have scored more penalties for us!
- the penalty was also the 500th at Everton in all League games
at our place (for either team)
- plus it was our 250th penalty success in all League games at
- and it was Bainesy's 26th goal for us in the Premier League
- he's now level with Kevin Mirallas in 11th place on our Prem
- Gareth Barry latest appearance was his 111th Premier League
game for the club
- that puts him into joint 39th place with the late Gary Ablett
on our All-Time
Prem Appearances chart
- Leighton Baines's start was his 272nd Premier League
start for us
- he's now moved ahead of David Unsworth and into 3rd place alone
on our All-Time
Prem Starts chart!
- Seamus Coleman has moved level in 13th place on that list with
Steven Pienaar on 171 Prem starts
- Enner Valencia made his 6th Premier League appearance for us
in the United game
- all 6 have been as a substitute - he's yet to start a Prem match
for the club
- no-one has played more Premier League games for us than Enner
without starting one!
- the closest is early 2000's midfielder Kevin McLeod who played
5 Prem games for us, all as a sub
- in all League games, 1980's forward Warren Aspinall leads
the way with 7 games and no starts!
- and so on to Watford away on December 10th!
- we've never played the Hornets on that date before
- and we lost on our last Dec 10 outing - 1-0
at Arsenal in 2011
- we've also won 0 of our last 4 matches on that date - W0 D2
- our last Dec 10 win was a
3-0 home victory over Middlesbrough in 1977
- our last away win on the date was at
Birmingham in 1960, 4-2
- we've drawn our last 2 matches with Watford
- the last one was 1-1
at Vicarage Road last April, with both goals coming in first-half
- our last victory over them was also at their place - 3-0
in February 2007
- our full Premier League record against Watford is W4 D2 L0 -
- in all competitions, home and away, we've only lost twice to
them - W17 D3 L2 - F51 A25
- both those defeats came at their ground
last one was a 1-2 loss in March 1987, although we did go
on to win the League that season!
- home & away in all competitions we have a better
record against Watford than against any other opposition!
(that's on a points-per-game and including only teams
we've met more than 6 times)
- we also have a better
away Premier League record against them (points/game) than
against anyone else!
- if he plays against Watford it will be Leighton Baines's 350th
appearance for us in all competitions!
- he'd move level with David Unsworth in joint 22nd place on our
- if Phil Jagielka plays it will be his 336th appearance for us
in all games
- he'd move level with pre-World War I half-back Harry Makepeace
on that list
- they'd both be in joint 25th place
- if he does play, it will be also be Bainesy's 289th League appearance
- he'd move into joint 25th place on our All-Time
League Apps list, level with 1920's half-back Hunter Hart
- if he starts it will be Leighton's 273rd League start
- that would put him 28th alone on our All-Time
League Starts list, 1 ahead of David Unsworth & Jock Thomson
- if Phil Jagielka starts he'll be up to 264 League starts for
- he'd be in joint 32nd place on that list with 1910/20's half-back
- if Seamus Coleman starts he'll move 1 ahead of Steven Pienaar
and onto 172 Premier League starts for us
- he'd be in 13th position on his own on our All-Time
Prem Starts chart!
- if Gareth Barry starts he'll join the late Gary Ablett on 111
Prem starts for us in joint 28th place on that list
- if Gerard Deulofeu comes off the bench against Watford it will
be his 34th League sub appearance for us
- that would put him level with Jack Rodwell in 10th place on
Sub Appearances chart
- if Romelu Lukaku scores at Watford it will be his 69th goal
for us in all competitions
- he'd move 1 ahead of Tim Cahill and into 31st position on his
own on our All-Time
- Rom would also move on to 51 League goals for the club if he
- he'd be 1 ahead of 1920's forward Wilf Chadwick in 38th place
alone on our All-Time
League Scoring chart
- a goal for either Kevin Mirallas or Leighton Baines, meanwhile,
would be their 27th for the club in the Prem
- they would then be joint 9th - with Mikel Arteta and Louis Saha
- on our Prem
- if we lose at Watford it will be our 4th away defeat on the
- that hasn't happened to us since a run of 5 straight away losses
ending in January
- if we fail to score at Watford it would be our 3rd blank in
a row away from home
- the last time we managed that (in all competitions) was in January/February
- although it did also happen in League games only in February/March
- Anthony Taylor will be refereeing the match
- we won on his last appearance in an Everton game - 2-0
at home to West Ham in October
- but we lost all of the previous 5 matches that he was in charge
- and we've won just that 1 game against West Ham in his last
8 in the middle - W1 D2 L5
- one of those defeats was the FA
Cup Semi-Final heartbreaker at Wembley against Man Utd last
- Taylor has awarded 5 penalties in previous Everton matches -
2 to us and 3 to our opponents
- and we missed both of ours!
- Romelu Lukaku was the guilty party on both occasions - one in
that FA Cup Semi referred to above
- the other one was in the 3-2
home defeat by West Ham last March
- if he awards us a pen this time round it will be the 200th we've
had in away games in our competitive history!
- a missed pen (by either side) would be the 150th unsuccessful
spot-kick in all of our away League games
- and if Watford miss one it will be the 100th missed by our opponents
in all of our away League games!
- however there have been 6 penalties in all of our previous meetings
- and none have been missed!
- we've scored 4 and they've scored 2
- if Leighton Baines scores another penalty it will be his 23rd
success from 26 taken for us in all competitions
- that would take him level with both David Unsworth (23/26) &
Trevor Steven (23/29) at the top of that chart
- 2 Everton goals at Watford, by the way, would take us to 500
away from home in our Premier League history!
- oh,and the game is a Saturday 12.30pm kick-off
- we've won 0 of our last 5 matches with that combination of day
and start time - W0 D3 L2!
- the last one (eek!) was the 2-1
loss to Liverpool in the 2012 FA Cup Semi-Final
- new recruit Ashley Williiams is our latest Number 5
- why not have a look at all of the previous Evertonians who have
for us as a Number 5
Notable Forthcoming Anniversaries and Milestones
Leighton Baines needs 1 more appearance to reach 350 for us
in all competitions - so far he's made 328 starts + 21 as a sub
Ross Barkley needs 1 more start to reach 100 for
us in the Premier League - so far he's made 99
Muhamed Besic also needs 2 more appearances to reach 50
for us in all competitions - he's made 31 starts + 17 as a sub
Dates of Birth
Click below for information, erm, about
How Have Everton Performed
Birthday In The Past?
Or On Your Wife's? Or The Cat's?
Click On The Link And Pick A Date!
Appearances, Goals & Clean Sheets
Who Has Played The Most Times For
Who's Scored The Most Goals?
Is Big Dunc Our Most Used Sub Ever?
Click On The Link And Find Out!
When We're Good, We're Good.
When We're Bad, We're Terrible!
What's The Most Goals We've Ever Scored,
Or Conceded, In Any One Match?
Click On The Link To See The Extremes!
Did Over 70,000 People Really Used
And Watch Us At Home?
And What Were Our Smallest Crowds,
Home And Away?
Click On The Link To See The Figures!
Remember 1950-51? We Were
Remember 1984-85? We Were Good!!
Remember 1921-22? Er, No, Thought Not!
Click On The Link And Pick A Season!
Did We Really Once Lose To Glossop?
How Bad Have We Been Against Man Utd
In The Premier League?!
Click On The Link And Pick A Team!
What's Our Best Run Of Victories?
Or Our Worst Run Of Defeats?
What's The Longest We've Gone Without
Defeat? Or Without Winning?
Click On The Link To Reveal The Sequences!
A Whole Variety Of Information!
FA Cup 3rd Round, Opening Day, Christmas,
Easter, Europe, Cup Defeats, Big Matches,
Strange Competitions And More- It's All There!
Click On The Link And Pick A Topic!
About The Site
You are free to copy any of the contents of this website provided that
the use is not for commercial purposes
or for financial gain and that proper acknowledgement is given to Everton
Results. All rights reserved.