THE BLUE ROOM
THIS IS NOT
Welcome To Yet Another Everton Website!!!
The purpose of this site is to provide a comprehensive record of the results
of all competitive games played by Everton since their formation, together
with details of player appearances and goals.
There are lots of links on the left that break down the information into
different categories (as explained down below) so go ahead and click on
one and see what you get!
The title bar above currently features Kevin Ratcliffe and Warney Cresswell,
two former Everton legends - both captains, both cultured defenders, both
double title winners, both FA Cup winners.
Click on their photos to see brief details of their Everton careers and
appearances & goals.
The title bar images will change every so often so that you'll get to
see a whole host of Everton greats throughout the months and years ahead.
Images (and career summaries) of previous weeks' legends can be
seen by clicking the 'Previous Legends' link on the left, where you'll
also find a link to take you to details of the less-than-legendary donkeys
like Mike Walker who have 'starred' in the 'Apart From ...' feature!
FOUR GAMES, FOUR WINS, FOUR CLEAN SHEETS! ...
- ... not a bad start to the season!
- we've won 4 games in a row many times
- the last time came in a run of 5 consecutive wins in August/September
- and we've kept 4 clean sheets in a row quite a few times too
- the last time was in September
- and that was also the last time we won 4 games on the bounce,
all with clean sheets
- but we've never before won 4 games in a row all with clean sheets
at the start of a seaon!
- Jordan Pickford played his 3rd game for us against Hajduk -
and kept his 3rd successive clean sheet!
- only 2 other goalkeepers have kept clean sheets in each of their
first 3 Everton appearances
- they were Thomas Myhre in
1997 and James Caldwell in
- the match was the 40th Thursday game in our history in all competitions
- and the 1st time we've ever faced Croatian opposition
- and it was our 12th
home Europa League game - and we've still never drawn one!
- our record is W9 D0 L3 - F25 A8
- talking of draws,we've now gone 16 home games in a row in all
competitions without one!
- the last one was against Man Utd in December
- the last time we went that long without drawing at home was
way back in 1970
- that was a 16-game spell that had started at the end of the
season in April 1969
- and went on until January
- we've got a long way to go to break our record home run without
a draw, though
- that stands at an amazing 47 matches!
- it ran from September
1930 to October
- congratulations to Michael Keane who scored his first goal for
the club against Split
- he's the 514th player to score for us in all competitions (not
including own goals)
- and he and Idrissa Gueye both notched their first European goals
- that's 64 different scorers for the club now in European competition
- the 2 goals also took us up to 51 at home in all competitions
- Ademola Lookman made his first European appearance for us against
- 187 players have now turned out for us in Europe, 169 of them
as a starter
- Leighton Baines made his 357th start for us in all competitions
in the game
- he's now in joint 20th place on our All-Time
Starts chart, level with Leon Osman and Kevin Sheedy!
- Bainesy's latest start also moved him on to 20 European starts
for the club
- that puts him equal second on our European
Starts chart, level with Tony Hibbert!
- Tim Howard heads that list on 28 European starts for us
- in terms of European appearances (starts plus subs) Leighton
is now up to 22
- he's joint 4th with Phil Jagielka on our European
- Tim Howard heads that list too on 28
- oh, and Wayne Rooney was playing on the 15th anniversary of
his Everton debut!
- that was against
Tottenham in 2002, you may remember!
- and so on to Man City away on August 21st!
- we've never played Citeh on that date before
- and our last Aug 21 outing ended in a 1-1
home draw with Wolves in 2010
- our previous 3 games on August 21st all ended in victory
- including our last away win on that date 1-0
at Bolton in 2005
- and in fact, we've only ever lost 1 game before on August 21st
- and 0 away from Goodison!
- our overall record is W7 D3 L1 and away from home it's W4 D1
- we've had a couple of stand-out August 21st games in the past
- our 5-2
win at Sheff Utd in 1954 marked the start of our current unbroken
run in the Top Flight
- and our 4-1
home win over Southampton in 1999 included Richard Gough's
only goal for the club
- that makes him our oldest ever Premier League goalscorer at
37 years and 138 days!
- we won the last time we met Man City, 4-0
at Goodison last January
- that was the game that memorably featured Tom Davies and Ademola
Lookman's first goals for us!
- and it was Morgan Schneiderlin's debut too!
- our last trip to their place ended 1-1
in October 2016
- another memorable clash - with Maarten Stekelenburg saving 2
- that was only the 2nd time an Everton keeper had managed the
- Tommy Fern at
Sunderland in December 1921 being the other
- we've won 0 of our last 7 visits to the Etihad in all competitions
- W0 D3 L4
- that run includes our 3-1
League Cup Semi-Final defeat in January 2016
- our last victory there was a 2-1
success in December 2010
- that was the last in a run of 4 successive away wins there for
us, with Tim Cahill scoring in 3 of them!
- it will be our 90th away meeting with Citeh in all competitions,
by the way
- and a defeat would be our 50th away loss to them in those games
- overall, at all venues in all meetings, we have a perfectly
balanced record against them!
D46 L68 - F246 A246!
- the match will be Ronald Koeman's 40th
League game in charge of us home and away
- so far his record is W18 D10 L11 - F63 A44
- away from home it'll be match number 20 for him in the Prem
- not such a great record outside of Goodison: W4 D6 L9 - F20
- if he starts at the Etihad it will be Leighton Baines's 358th
start for us in all competitions
- that would put him into joint 19th place on our All-Time
- Leighton would be level with 1950s/60s legend Brian Harris
- if Wayne Rooney starts it will be his 42nd start for us in the
- he'd move level with Francis Jeffers on our Prem
- interesting to compare their Prem records for us:
- Jeffers - 42 starts 25 subs 18 goals
- Rooney - 41 starts 27 subs 16 goals
- if Muhamed Besic plays, by the way, it will be his 50th appearance
for us in all competitions
- he's currently made 31 starts plus 18 as a sub
- oh, and if Kevin Mirallas makes a substitute appearance it will
be his 57th for us
- that will put him level with Stuart Barlow in 6th place on our
Sub Appearances chart!
- Phil Jagielka will be 35 years and 4 days old on the day of
the Man Citeh game
- if he plays he will become the 32nd player aged
35 or over to play for us!
- and if he does play Jags' Everton career will have stretched
to 10 years & 7 days!
- Phil made his debut for us as a sub in a 3-1 win at
Tottenham on 14th August 2007
- Phil would become the 42nd player to have a 10
year + Everton career in an unbroken spell at the club!
(and Leighton Baines will join him in his first Everton
game after 25th August this year!)
- can we win again?!
- can we keep another clean sheet?!!
- the last time we won 5 games on the run was not that long ago
2016 in fact
- but the last time we won our first 5 games of the season was
a long, long time ago
- it was in August/September
- we won our first 6 matches of that title-winning campaign in
- overall, we've won our first 5 games of the season on just 4
occasions in total
- in addition to 1938/39 it also happened in 1930/31
(5 successive wins), 1894/95
(8) and 1890/91
- our final League positions in those 4 seasons is interesting
- 1938/39 - 1st in Division 1, 1930/31 - 1st in Division 2,
- 1894/95 - 2nd in Division 1, 1890/91 - 1st in Division 1!
- the last time we had 5 successive clean sheets was in a 6-match
run from December
2008 - January 2009
- but we've never had 5 clean sheets in a row at the start
of a season before
- indeed the most we've ever had is 3 - and that was on just one
occasion in 1912/13!
- obviously, then, we've never before won our first 5 games of
the season all with clean sheets!
- if we don't win at Citeh it will take our run without
an away League victory to 9 matches
- that'll be our worst run since a sequence of 10 away Prem games
without a win that ended in Sep 2013
- Bobby Madley will referee the match
- he's reffed us 4 times away from home before - we won the first
but we've lost all of the last 3
- his most recent non-Goodison appointment was our woeful
5-0 defeat at Chelsea last November!
- will he award a penalty?
- City have received 5 penalties in our last 6 visits there -
but have missed 3 of them!
- although one miss (by Sergio Aguero) did hit the post and rebound
in off Tim Howard's head!
- that was in
- a spot-kick for Citeh this time would be the 100th
against us in all of our Premier League games ever!
- our opponents' current record against us in the Prem is Scored
78, Missed or Saved 21
- if they score a penalty against us it will be 300th scored against
us in our League history, home and away!
- and if they miss one it will be the 100th failure by our opponents
in all of our away League games ever
- and if Leighton Baines nets a penalty against City it will be
his 24th spot-kick success for us
- he'd then move out on his own at the top of our 'Most
Penalties Scored' chart
- he's currently level on 23 (from 26 taken) with David Unsworth
(also from 26) and Trevor Steven (from 29)
- the match is of course a Monday night game with an 8.00pm kick-off
- our last 3 matches with an 8.00pm kick-off have all been away
- and all have ended in draws
- the last one was also in Manchester - 1-1
at Man Utd last April
- the good news is that, whatever the kick-off time, we're unbeaten
in our last 10 away Monday games
- that's a W5 D5 L0 record!
- and 2 of those most recent 5 Monday wins were at the Etihad
in Dec 2010 and 2-1
in Feb 2008
- our last Monday away game the 2-0
win at Leicester on Boxing Day last year
- our last Monday away defeat was a 1-0 reverse at Wigan way back
- a reminder of some new sections on the site!
- who's managed the most times against Everton?
- who's managed the most clubs against us?!
- well, there's a new 'Opposition
Managers' section that will tell you everything you need to
- the 'Goals
in Most Consecutive Matches' section has been updated!
- it now includes details of which Everton players have scored
in the most successive home & away games too!
- who was the last Everton man to play 50 or more games in a season?
- who has played the most games in one season?!
- the new '50
or More Appearances in a Season' section will tell you!
- on the flip side, which players only ever managed 1 game for
- find out in the new Just
One Appearance section!
- we used 27 different players last season in all competitions
and 19 of them scored a goal
- is that a lot?! how does it compare to other seasons?
- find out in the new 'Number
of Players Used and Goal Scorers - Season-by-Season' section!
- who was the last Everton player to feature in every game in
- have a look at the new Ever
Presents section to find out!
- and how often have we completed League 'doubles' over our opponents
in the past?
- alternatively, how often have we been on the receiving end of
- you can now find out in the new League
Doubles For and Against section
- ever wondered which Everton player has been substituted the
- well, now you can find out - have a look at the new Subbed
Off section for full, fascinating details!
- Ademola Lookman scored on his Everton debut last season
- who else has managed that feat for the club?!
- have a look at the new Scored
on Their Debut section to find out!
- with Wayne Rooney having returned to Everton action, who else
has had 2 separate spells at the club?!
- the new Two
or More Spells at Everton section will tell you!
- new boy Jordan Pickford looks like he'll be our keeper for some
years to come
- but who else has appeared for us between the sticks in the past?!
- the new Goalkeepers
section has all the details!
- and don't forget there's also a new History
In Short section too!
- you can see at a glance how many times we've finished in each
position in the League
- and where exactly we've been knocked out of the various cup
- have a peek!
Notable Forthcoming Anniversaries and Milestones
Muhamed Besic needs 1 more appearance to
reach 50 for us in all competitions - he's made 31 starts + 18
as a sub so far
Dates of Birth
Click below for information, erm, about
How Have Everton Performed
Birthday In The Past?
Or On Your Wife's? Or The Cat's?
Click On The Link And Pick A Date!
Appearances, Goals & Clean Sheets
Who Has Played The Most Times For
Who's Scored The Most Goals?
Is Big Dunc Our Most Used Sub Ever?
Click On The Link And Find Out!
When We're Good, We're Good.
When We're Bad, We're Terrible!
What's The Most Goals We've Ever Scored,
Or Conceded, In Any One Match?
Click On The Link To See The Extremes!
Did Over 70,000 People Really Used
And Watch Us At Home?
And What Were Our Smallest Crowds,
Home And Away?
Click On The Link To See The Figures!
Remember 1950-51? We Were
Remember 1984-85? We Were Good!!
Remember 1921-22? Er, No, Thought Not!
Click On The Link And Pick A Season!
Did We Really Once Lose To Glossop?
How Bad Have We Been Against Man Utd
In The Premier League?!
Click On The Link And Pick A Team!
What's Our Best Run Of Victories?
Or Our Worst Run Of Defeats?
What's The Longest We've Gone Without
Defeat? Or Without Winning?
Click On The Link To Reveal The Sequences!
A Whole Variety Of Information!
FA Cup 3rd Round, Opening Day, Christmas,
Easter, Europe, Cup Defeats, Big Matches,
Strange Competitions And More- It's All There!
Click On The Link And Pick A Topic!
About The Site
You are free to copy any of the contents of this website provided that
the use is not for commercial purposes
or for financial gain and that proper acknowledgement is given to Everton
Results. All rights reserved.