Welcome To Yet Another Everton Website!!!
The purpose of this site is to provide a comprehensive record of the results
of all competitive games played by Everton since their formation, together
with details of player appearances and goals.
There are lots of links on the left that break down the information into
different categories (as explained down below) so go ahead and click on
one and see what you get!
The title bar above currently features Jack Taylor and Peter Reid,
two former Everton legends - one from the 1890's/1900's - the other one
of the many players who brought such joy in the 1980's.
Click on their photos to see brief details of their Everton careers and
appearances & goals.
The title bar images will change every so often so that you'll get to
see a whole host of Everton greats throughout the months and years ahead.
Images (and career summaries) of previous weeks' legends can be
seen by clicking the 'Previous Legends' link on the left, where you'll
also find a link to take you to details of the less-than-legendary donkeys
like Claus Thomsen who have 'starred' in the 'Apart From ...' feature!
And So That's That For Another Season .....
- .... the Moyes era ends with a defeat at Chelsea
- and the game probably sums up his reign - we didn't quite get what we deserved
- the loss continued our appalling recent record at Stamford Bridge
- we haven't won there now in our last 22 visits in all competitions - a 0-10-12 run
- it also brought to an end our run of 3 consecutive clean sheets
- and it means we've now gone 9 away games without a win, 8 of them in the Premier League
- it was our 99th away defeat under David Moyes, in his 518th and last match in charge
- only Harry Catterick and Howard Kendall have managed us for longer
- only Catterick in a single managerial spell
- coincidentally the defeat was his 161st as Everton boss - exactly the same number that Harry Catterick lost
- you can see Davy's full record for us, and how he compares with our other managers, by clicking here
- we finished 6th in the 2012/13 Premier League table with just 7 defeats to our name all season
- that's the fewest we've suffered in the League since 1969/70
- even in our most recent title-winning seasons in 1984/85 and 1986/87 we lost 8 games in each campaign
- we also finished the season with 42 points gained at home (from a 12-6-1 record)
- that's our best return since 1989/90 when we picked up 45 (14-3-2)
- the 1 home League defeat we suffered this time round was our best since 1986/87
- we've only once gone through a League season undefeated at home - in our 1962/63 title-winning campaign
- and, of course, we finished above Liverpool for the 2nd season running
- the last time that happened was in 1962/63 when we won the League and they came 8th
- the previous season we'd finished 8th and they'd won the old 2nd Division
- the last time it happened when both teams were in the same division was way back in 1936/37
- we finished 17th in Division One and they finished 18th
- the season before it had been 16th for us and 19th for them
- the Season-by-Season section gives an at-a-glance review of all of our previous campaigns
- the seemingly now permanently misfiring Nikica Jelavic made his 50th Everton Prem appearance at Chelsea
- that's made up of 36 starts and 14 as a sub
- Tim Howard, on the other hand, made his 260th, all of them starts
- he's now 3rd on our All-Time Premier League Appearances chart, moving one ahead of Tony Hibbert
- and there we have it, another season done-and-dusted - thanks for tuning in!
- I'll be back in August (in fact before that) with some exciting (it's all relative!) additions to the site!
- in the meantime why not follow me on Twitter (the link is above)?!
- I'll be tweeting intermittent nonsense - as well as some nostalgic Everton stuff - over the coming,
- ever wondered who has scored the most goals against Everton?
- well wonder no more!
- have a look at the site's new Opposition
- it breaks down the stats into different competitions for you
- and it's also accessible via the 'Miscellaneous' and the 'Appearances,
Goals and Clean Sheets' pages
don't forget you can see all of the line-ups for all of the competitive
matches Everton have ever played
- click here for more information and
details of how to view them
Notable Forthcoming Anniversaries and Milestones
Leighton Baines needs 1 more appearance to reach 200 for us in the Prem
- so far he's made 185 starts and 14 as a sub
Phil Jagielka needs 1 more start to reach 200 for us in all competitions - so far he's made 199
Steven Pienaar needs 1 more start to reach 150 for us in the Prem
- so far he's made 149
Sylvain Distin needs 1 more start to reach 150 for us in all competitions - so far he's made 149
Heitinga needs 2 more starts to reach 100 for us in the Prem
- so far he's made 98
Dates of Birth
Click below for information, erm, about
How Have Everton Performed
Birthday In The Past?
Or On Your Wife's? Or The Cat's?
Click On The Link And Pick A Date!
Appearances, Goals & Clean Sheets
Who Has Played The Most Times For
Who's Scored The Most Goals?
Is Big Dunc Our Most Used Sub Ever?
Click On The Link And Find Out!
When We're Good, We're Good.
When We're Bad, We're Terrible!
What's The Most Goals We've Ever Scored,
Or Conceded, In Any One Match?
Click On The Link To See The Extremes!
Did Over 70,000 People Really Used
And Watch Us At Home?
And What Were Our Smallest Crowds,
Home And Away?
Click On The Link To See The Figures!
Remember 1950-51? We Were
Remember 1984-85? We Were Good!!
Remember 1921-22? Er, No, Thought Not!
Click On The Link And Pick A Season!
Did We Really Once Lose To Glossop?
How Bad Have We Been Against Man Utd
In The Premier League?!
Click On The Link And Pick A Team!
What's Our Best Run Of Victories?
Or Our Worst Run Of Defeats?
What's The Longest We've Gone Without
Defeat? Or Without Winning?
Click On The Link To Reveal The Sequences!
A Whole Variety Of Information!
FA Cup 3rd Round, Opening Day, Christmas,
Easter, Europe, Cup Defeats, Big Matches,
Strange Competitions And More- It's All There!
Click On The Link And Pick A Topic!
About The Site
You are free to copy any of the contents of this website provided that
the use is not for commercial purposes
or for financial gain and that proper acknowledgement is given to Everton
Results. All rights reserved.